• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. PSU Opens the Final 4 on Thursday

carrolltonsker

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
NU and PSU meet Thursday night at 6:00 pm CST on ESPN

No. 1 Penn State (32-1) vs. No. 5 Nebraska (30-4), 7 p.m. ET, ESPN
So we meet again. This match is the definition of the heavyweight class. Two storied programs with longtime successful coaches in Penn State's Russ Rose and Nebraska's John Cook. Two passionate fan bases who fill their arenas. The two teams that shared the Big Ten title this year. But their rivalry goes well beyond their time together in the Big Ten, which Nebraska joined in 2011.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...-volleyball-tournament-final-four-kansas-city

Last edited:
From the link:
This will be the programs' 31st meeting overall, their 11th in the NCAA tournament and their third in the final four. The series edge goes to Nebraska 20-10, with the Huskers 7-3 in their NCAA tournament meetings with Penn State. But it must be noted that nine of those 10 in the postseason were played in the state of Nebraska -- eight in Lincoln and one in Omaha.

There's a way that you can at least listen to the game, REDo...get some wire-free earbuds and a distracting Santa Hat that covers your ears. No one will see the ear buds, and your wife won't want to be around you as much.

tumblr_oa5bnhHYWT1rc7zl1o1_500.gif
200.gif

I am so excited for this match. To call it a match between heavyweights is not doing it justice. This indeed is a clash of the Titans, and probably the biggest college volleyball match of the year, for both teams. I can't wait. I'm no fan of Mr. Rose, going back to the time he would not release one of his setters after transfer to NU. She had to sit a year because of that. It's awful petty to punish a young woman in that manner. Thus, the history of my disdain for the man, but I do respect what he's done otherwise and hold the program itself in high regard for what they have accomplished. With that said, I am so thrilled that the beloved Cornhusker women Vballers will take care of business Thursday. Go get them, ladies.......NO Retreat.....NO Surrender.....Soldier On Ladies and Go Big Red...

I am so excited for this match. To call it a match between heavyweights is not doing it justice. This indeed is a clash of the Titans, and probably the biggest college volleyball match of the year, for both teams. I can't wait. I'm no fan of Mr. Rose, going back to the time he would not release one of his setters after transfer to NU. She had to sit a year because of that. It's awful petty to punish a young woman in that manner. Thus, the history of my disdain for the man, but I do respect what he's done otherwise and hold the program itself in high regard for what they have accomplished. With that said, I am so thrilled that the beloved Cornhusker women Vballers will take care of business Thursday. Go get them, ladies.......NO Retreat.....NO Surrender.....Soldier On Ladies and Go Big Red...

Rose is a a selfish man; shows it is all about him!

Last edited:

The gal that heads BTN's Women's Sports Report is taking psu in 5 games. :Taunt: on her! ;)

Well done, ladies....I can't say more, their play, and grit, and determination, and sheer will to give it their all says it perfectly...

There's a way that you can at least listen to the game, REDo...get some wire-free earbuds and a distracting Santa Hat that covers your ears. No one will see the ear buds, and your wife won't want to be around you as much.

tumblr_oa5bnhHYWT1rc7zl1o1_500.gif
200.gif
I already told her that I am going to be on the phone watching the game for a lot of the night. Its her work party and she is the social person. I would just drink and rarely talk to anyone even if there was no game on.:)

I already told her that I am going to be on the phone watching the game for a lot of the night. Its her work party and she is the social person. I would just drink and rarely talk to anyone even if there was no game on.:)
That's a good thing for you. I suppose I just wanted you to wear a cool hat. :( My selfish ways showing through again.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back