• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Ohio State Match Thread

Nice win tonite ladies, wish it could have been the sweep at their house but a great game nonetheless. GBR

Just got home and thought I'd check in to see the sweep....well, OSU gave them fits again, but not enough. Take the win and get out of there.

I was following the match on Gametracker at work, and I am watching the match right now thanks to my DVR. Ohio St. always gives us fits. Great job ladies.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The fifth-ranked Nebraska volleyball team extended its win streak to 10 matches with a 3-1 (25-23, 25-12, 22-25, 25-23) win at Ohio State in front of a crowd of 3,001 at St. John Arena on Friday night.

Mikaela Foecke had a match-high 15 kills to go with 11 digs, and Lauren Stivrins had a career-high 12 kills on .455 hitting to help keep the Huskers (23-4, 16-1 Big Ten) tied atop the Big Ten standings. Annika Albrecht had 11 kills and eight digs, and Jazz Sweet had nine kills. Briana Holman finished with eight kills and five blocks.

Kelly Hunter dished out 47 assists and had 12 digs. Her 47 assists moved her into third all-time at Nebraska in career assists with 3,802, passing Nikki Stricker (3,786).

Nebraska outhit Ohio State .341 to .200. The Huskers overcame a season-high 14 service errors and battled from behind to win the first and fourth sets.

Sydney Townsend led the Huskers with 14 digs and served three of NU's six aces on the night. Kenzie Maloney had 12 digs, as Nebraska outdug the Buckeyes, 59-51.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle....844.739528025.1510971312-563802341.1510971312

Service errors could be a problem in the near future. :Mad:
We will always have a fair number of service errors since Coach Cook likes to serve aggressively. We didn't do a great job of serving last night, but one of the problems, apparently, is that the person we were targeting was positioned next to the line, and we weren't as precise as we needed to be. Hopefully, we will do a better job in future games.

Watched the match on BTN was that the OSU broadcast? The announcers all but had their Buckeye cheer leading outfits on.

Service errors could be a problem in the near future. :Mad:

Yeah, agreed! I watched it on DVR also, and the service errors were way too many!! What was it? 12 or 13? Way too many, regardless. Gotta' clean that up, for sure. The good part was, most of the time, we would get the next point back, after the service error.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back