• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Iowa Game Thread

I watched most of that game last night. Give Iowa coaches credit for coming up with a great play on the inbound at the end of regulation that led to the phantom foul call on Theriot. But that was an absolutely horrible fou,l call by the official. There was absolutely no contact on any part of the block, hand or body. It was one of those plays where the referee anticipates contact so blows a quick whistle. Sucks to lose a game on such a poor call at such crucial time. Makes you wish calls like that were reviewable.

As I stated earlier, it was a bad call. But we should not have let the refs get into a position where they could make a bad call. We had a lot of opportunities to build a comfortable lead, but poor shooting and poor decisions killed us. Hopefully they bounce back from this one.

As I stated earlier, it was a bad call. But we should not have let the refs get into a position where they could make a bad call. We had a lot of opportunities to build a comfortable lead, but poor shooting and poor decisions killed us. Hopefully they bounce back from this one.

I know what you are saying; but, cskr, it was a phantom call, period. I don't care what the situation was. Like tonight, we could have lost this game, because White got another chance, and she took advantage of it.

Sorry, I don't go for your philosophy. ;)

Last edited:

Might want to reiterate, also: our D was set up wrong on that last play of regulation. It was amazing, Rachel got over there, in time, to block that shot. It was a
beautiful block, but taken away from her. I don't know what they saw, but it wasn't a foul. :eek:

OK, gotta' go down and meet Linda at the Center. Goodnight. Good game, cskr! :wave: :)

I have a coworker who referees high school basketball. He said one philosophy that many referees follow on close plays is to not bail out a player/team that had a bad play or mistake leading up the the tough call. In our case, our defense completely blew the assignment. Iowa had a fast player streaking to the basket from the half court line uncontested. Theriot recovered late from the weak side corner to contest the shot (and really did make a great play). But, with the speed of the play and the obvious blown defense, the refs call the foul on the play.

Real-time, I had thought it was clearly a foul as Theriot was simply scrambling to prevent an open layup. Frame-by-frame, I don't think she touched her.

You just can't let the game come down to that play...Iowa had a great inbounds play, with a true freshman being the least likely ball handler. Nebraska blew the assignment, expecting Logic to try a coast-to-coast type of play.

I have a coworker who referees high school basketball. He said one philosophy that many referees follow on close plays is to not bail out a player/team that had a bad play or mistake leading up the the tough call. In our case, our defense completely blew the assignment. Iowa had a fast player streaking to the basket from the half court line uncontested. Theriot recovered late from the weak side corner to contest the shot (and really did make a great play). But, with the speed of the play and the obvious blown defense, the refs call the foul on the play.

Real-time, I had thought it was clearly a foul as Theriot was simply scrambling to prevent an open layup. Frame-by-frame, I don't think she touched her.

You just can't let the game come down to that play...Iowa had a great inbounds play, with a true freshman being the least likely ball handler. Nebraska blew the assignment, expecting Logic to try a coast-to-coast type of play.

You make a fair case..............but...................replay shows it was not a foul. So, again, no excuses for the refs, period! :thumbsdown:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back