• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Offers 4* WR Malachi Coleman: Commitment Date 22 October: 5PM CDT

100%. If I'm Trev Alberts, I'm taking that new B1G TV money and swinging for the fences. Why not? I'm putting a package together that's competitive with the elite programs in the country and targeting Dave Aranda and Luke Fickell.

Aranda signed an extension this offseason and since Baylor is a private school, it's unclear what he's making now. It's believed he had been getting $4 million.

Fickell is making $5 million with an assistant salary pool of $5.2 million.

Trev can make an offer one of these guys can't say no to IMPO. Throw out 8 years and $75 million with an assistant coach pool of $7 million.
No new coach under TA would get 8 years.

No new coach under TA would get 8 years.

Why? The going rate is typically 6-7 years for new hires. If it's for a guy like Aranda or Fickell, I think it's worth sweetening the offer.

If he's gonna go after a guy a tier lower, perhaps a guy like Jeff Hafley, Bill O'Brien, Dave Clawson or Dave Doeren, then I could see 6 years.

But for the sake of derailing the thread any further, I'll stop talking about possible candidates.

My apologies RR.

62f6835be0023.image.jpg

NM
Edit: RR posted Miranda Coleman’s tweet as a sticky in the other forum so deleting it here.

Last edited:

Clearly people forget these are kids. You can be disappointed they don't pick your school of choice, but attacks of any sorts are just asinine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back