• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

NU Offers 4* WR Malachi Coleman: Commitment Date 22 October:

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
100%. If I'm Trev Alberts, I'm taking that new B1G TV money and swinging for the fences. Why not? I'm putting a package together that's competitive with the elite programs in the country and targeting Dave Aranda and Luke Fickell.

Aranda signed an extension this offseason and since Baylor is a private school, it's unclear what he's making now. It's believed he had been getting $4 million.

Fickell is making $5 million with an assistant salary pool of $5.2 million.

Trev can make an offer one of these guys can't say no to IMPO. Throw out 8 years and $75 million with an assistant coach pool of $7 million.
No new coach under TA would get 8 years.

N2FL

Starter
15 Year Member
No new coach under TA would get 8 years.

Why? The going rate is typically 6-7 years for new hires. If it's for a guy like Aranda or Fickell, I think it's worth sweetening the offer.

If he's gonna go after a guy a tier lower, perhaps a guy like Jeff Hafley, Bill O'Brien, Dave Clawson or Dave Doeren, then I could see 6 years.

But for the sake of derailing the thread any further, I'll stop talking about possible candidates.

My apologies RR.

TFrazier

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
62f6835be0023.image.jpg

Purple Prof

Recruit
2 Year Member
NM
Edit: RR posted Miranda Coleman’s tweet as a sticky in the other forum so deleting it here.

Last edited:

Nebraska Red

Recruit
2 Year Member
Clearly people forget these are kids. You can be disappointed they don't pick your school of choice, but attacks of any sorts are just asinine.

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS