• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Offers 4* WR Malachi Coleman: Commitment Date 22 October: 5PM CDT

In the event Frost doesn't get it done, whoever replaces him would be an absolute fool not to make every effort to retain MJ on the staff.

Absolutely. I can't think of too many instances where a new coach doesn't keep at least one guy from the staff of the coach he's replacing. Even if it's just for a year or two, normally a coach keeps a guy or two.

The retained coach(es) help the new coach with a rundown on the current rosters strengths and weaknesses, team needs, youngsters with upside, upperclassmen who they haven't gotten production from they might want to process, tons of insight.

The players also benefit from a familiar face of a guy they've grown to trust. The coaches retained help sell the new regime in a lot of ways. They can help the players buy-in and expedite the trust with the new coaches.

I think Mickey Joseph, Bill Busch and Barrett Ruud would be three guys a new coach would strongly consider. But of course it depends on who is on his staff that he'd want to bring or a guy from somewhere else he has in mind.

Dave Aranda...

100%. If I'm Trev Alberts, I'm taking that new B1G TV money and swinging for the fences. Why not? I'm putting a package together that's competitive with the elite programs in the country and targeting Dave Aranda and Luke Fickell.

Aranda signed an extension this offseason and since Baylor is a private school, it's unclear what he's making now. It's believed he had been getting $4 million.

Fickell is making $5 million with an assistant salary pool of $5.2 million.

Trev can make an offer one of these guys can't say no to IMPO. Throw out 8 years and $75 million with an assistant coach pool of $7 million.

100%. If I'm Trev Alberts, I'm taking that new B1G TV money and swinging for the fences. Why not? I'm putting a package together that's competitive with the elite programs in the country and targeting Dave Aranda and Luke Fickell.

Aranda signed an extension this offseason and since Baylor is a private school, it's unclear what he's making now. It's believed he had been getting $4 million.

Trev can make an offer one of these guys can't say no to IMPO. Throw out 8 years and $75 million with an assistant coach pool of $7 million.

Let’s see how the 2022 season plays out first. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm really surprised that Fickell is still at Cincy, he has done a remarkable job there. Dave Aranda is a great choice. too. I like the guys with B1G experience. Having said that, my fondest wish is that SF has a long tenure at UNL.

Let’s see how the 2022 season plays out first. :thumbsup:

ouatih-cliff-booth.gif

If Mickey Joseph is on staff I think Coleman is a Husker.

Whether that's because Nebraska goes 8-4 and Frost is still around, or (knock on wood), Dave Aranda retains Joseph on his staff.

I'm a big Aranda guy....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back