• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU National Champions

images

:Huskerflag:

Last edited:
Huskers defeated #4 seed, #1 seed , and #2 seed on the way to the championship. No one can say they didn't earn it.

Loved the approach Coach Cook took after the top 4 seeds were announced. Did not phase him, instead he commented that it wasn't about the seed, it was about the draw. Supreme confidence. This was an extremely fun team to watch, and the dominance these ladies showed during their B1G run - not to mention during the tournament - was something I won't forget.

Even though pre-season slogans and rallying cries such as #WhyNotUs often sound like scripted moments for a feel-good underdog movie, not many times does that script play out as intended. Nebraska 2017 was practically perfect in one major way ... self-belief and an uncommon culture between veterans in the program and new team members (and coaches) eager to learn and contribute.

Great athletes, incredible coaches, amazing season.

I thought the 5-seed for NU was worthy going in, as we had more losses than any of the top four teams -- and the season as a whole has to mean something. We were #5 in the coaches poll and #6 in RPI. The top two were clearly Penn State and Florida.

But, that's why they play the games. If the top seeds always won, you might as well not even play the matches. But obviously, we knew NU was playing better than a 5-seed at season's end. And they proved it. I tend to believe it probably gave the Huskers a bit of a chip on their shoulders in the tournament, and it paid off.

No way Kentucky, as the chosen 4 seed over Nebraska, was happy to see the Huskers earn the 5 seed for an eventual matchup down the road in the tournament. Not saying the Wildcats feared a loss on their home court, but who really wanted to play Nebraska - the anticipated 2 seed by many leading up to selection day - especially as well as they were playing down the stretch.

I thought the 5-seed for NU was worthy going in, as we had more losses than any of the top four teams -- and the season as a whole has to mean something. We were #5 in the coaches poll and #6 in RPI. The top two were clearly Penn State and Florida.

But, that's why they play the games. If the top seeds always won, you might as well not even play the matches. But obviously, we knew NU was playing better than a 5-seed at season's end. And they proved it. I tend to believe it probably gave the Huskers a bit of a chip on their shoulders in the tournament, and it paid off.

Nebraska’s resume was much better than Kentucky and everyone knows it. Yes the team might have been given some extra motivation but it doesn’t take away that the committee was wrong. John Cook even said that nothing surprises him with the NCAA VB Selection committee anymore.

Isn’t there new data about a storm front coming somewhere in the country that needs your immediate attention?!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Because the seeding committee were a bunch of morons and just wanted everyone to know it. They may have done NU a favor though.
I know they did. We had an easier road to the final 4 than Kentucky did. Kentucky was never going to beat Nebraska. Penn St. was the only team that had a chance to beat the Lady Huskers. I said in the thread when the seeds were announced, that the committee did us a favor, and it proved to be true. WOOT WOOT!!!! 5 TIME CHAMPS!!!!

For the tourney the CORNHUSKERS tallied 18 sets - 4 sets. Pretty darn dominant I'd say, especially losing only one set per match for four matches. No one took more than one set from us in the whole tourney. Congrats again ladies. :Mfclap:

Correction; we did give up 2 sets to PSU.

Last edited:
More proof that NU is a Volleyball school for women's sports much like NU used to be a Football school. Hopefully we are on our way back to that tittle!

More proof that NU is a Volleyball school for women's sports much like NU used to be a Football school. Hopefully we are on our way back to that tittle!

Yep. Moos has declared the v-ball team to be his "diamond," and rightly so. The football team has a modern-day blueprint to the top. Hint: work, togetherness (unity), and constant creativity is is required!!! Apparently, the volleyballers had a few drills that were "way more rigorous" than any match. Seems like the results were worth it!!!

For the tourney the CORNHUSKERS tallied 18 sets - 4 sets. Pretty darn dominant I'd say, especially losing only one set per match for four matches. No one took more than one set from us in the whole tourney. Congrats again ladies. :Mfclap:
Well, Penn State did, but we ARE THE CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back