• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU National Champions

Congratulations to coaches and players and support staff. What a great example of the best TEAM winning a NC. Well done. I'm so proud to be a Cornhusker!!!!!

Not the most physically talented, but worked together smarter and like a well-oiled machine. Those 2 young assistant coaches helped the cause too. Cook sure sings their praises. Unbelievable with all the changes and losing 3 All Americans. Who does that?

Florida had some serious talent................I just can't get over how well this NU squad played under pressure. Just didn't ever seem to believe they couldn't win a match. Amazing year, one of my favorites. Mainly because most didn't think of all the years, this would be the year for #5.

Very rewarding season to be an NU Volleyball fan and imo......Coach Cook's best job ever.

Not the most physically talented, but worked together smarter and like a well-oiled machine. Those 2 young assistant coaches helped the cause too. Cook sure sings their praises. Unbelievable with all the changes and losing 3 All Americans. Who does that?

THE CORNHUSKERS. :Biggrin:

A standing ovation for the 2017 National Champions - congratulations to our ladies and coaches on one amazing and incredible season. NEBRASKA National Champions, whooooooohoooooooooooo.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

:Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

HUSKERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Hooray::Mfclap::Cheers:

Just got home, going to the SR CTR for the dance, to photographs couples. Glad I was able to watch the 1st 2 periods. I will watch it all, recording it for POSTERITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Broom::Dancebroc::Dancer::Hair Fire::Happyrun::Woohoo:

John Cook is so much like Tom Osborne in so many ways. From his demeanor to the way he teaches young student athletes to become outstanding people. And now, Coach Cook has one more national title than Osborne. :)

It's an amazing parallel how much Terry Pettit and John Cook are like Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. The godfathers of their respective sports followed by the greatest of all-time.

Take that NCAA volleyball tournament selection committee!!!! :thumbsup:

I thought the 5-seed for NU was worthy going in, as we had more losses than any of the top four teams -- and the season as a whole has to mean something. We were #5 in the coaches poll and #6 in RPI. The top two were clearly Penn State and Florida.

But, that's why they play the games. If the top seeds always won, you might as well not even play the matches. But obviously, we knew NU was playing better than a 5-seed at season's end. And they proved it. I tend to believe it probably gave the Huskers a bit of a chip on their shoulders in the tournament, and it paid off.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back