• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU @ KANSAS, Game #33 (WNIT, L, 55-64 SEASON OVER), THU 3/23/23 @ 6:30 pm CDT on ESPN+ (pay) (Game/Recap Thread)

Red Don, I see we agree.

I believe there was one time in the 3rd Quarter where it was tied, @ 36 All.

Rebounding (26-49); And related 2nd Chance points (6-21) seemed like the biggest differences to me.

Looking forward to Next Season: I hope (don't we all) that Both Issie Bourne and Jaz Shelley return (let's hope they feel they have unfinished business left to take care of), and Alison Weidner comes back better than ever.

In addition to continued progress for all the returning players, there are three exceptional recruits coming in, Logan Nissley, Natalie Potts, and Jessica Petrie.

Last edited:
I believe there was one time in the 3rd Quarter where it was tied, @ 36 All.

Rebounding (26-49); And related 2nd Chance points (6-21) seemed like the biggest differences to me.

Looking forward to Next Season: I hope (don't we all) that Both Issie Bourne and Jaz Shelley return, and Alison Weidner comes back better than ever.

In addition to continued progress for all the returning players, there are three exceptional recruits coming in, Logan Nissley, Natalie Potts, and Jessica Petrie.
Looking forward to an injury-free season!! One can only hope!! :)

(Game Recap)

Huskers End Season in WNIT Super 16

I honestly don't know how we kept the score so close with Kansas, staying withing winning distance throughout the game, except Kansas couldn't shoot well either and had several scoring droughts. Maybe the Husker Defense had something to do with it.

(Box Score, in red, is an active link)
Box Score ...................64-55 women's basketball win over the Huskers at Allen Fieldhouse on Thursday night.

Nebraska ended its season 18-15, while Kansas improved to 22-11 by earning a split with the Huskers, who defeated the then-No. 20 Jayhawks 85-79 in triple-overtime in Lincoln on Dec. 21.

(We had 6,478 fans at PBA for the 77-57 win over Northern Iowa just in the prior game.)
Nebraska never led but kept KU within striking distance for the entire game in front of 3,730 fans that included a large contingent of Husker fans at Allen Fieldhouse. With less than nine minutes remaining, the Huskers trailed just 50-49 after a Shelley basket. Shelley's score followed a Kendall Moriarty layup to open the quarter that cut the KU lead to 48-47. It was Moriarty's final basket of the night, as the NU sophomore finished with 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting in her first college start in place of three-time All-Big Ten guard Sam Haiby. A fifth-year senior who finished No. 12 on Nebraska's career scoring list with more than 1,600 points, Haiby suffered a lower leg injury in the second quarter of Nebraska's second-round WNIT win over Northern Iowa.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back