• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU in play with other P5 conferences?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
There’s no such thing as too wild and wacky these days. Any chance that NU brass are at least exploring options with the ACC or SEC?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been brought up in other threads. Was anybody listening to Trev's message yesterday? He packaged several times how proud Nebraska is to be part of the Big Ten. He's reaching out to Warren. Scott F refused to discuss covid at all. It was clear to me that they were carefully moving away from the maverick that wanted to leave. Perceptions that were built last year and not squashed by Moos. Why? Number one the non athletic side of the school has benefited tremendously from the move. Also, I think they knew about the Texas / Oklahoma move. Now is not a time to be dating anybody. Hold on tight to your partner and hope you land on solid ground. Go re watch Frost and Trev videos. Clear message. We love the Big Ten.

The only move that would make any sense for Nebraska is the SEC.

I realistically don't think it will happen for a hundred reasons. The SEC and B1G are fighting back and forth for supremacy and it looks like the SEC has the edge (assuming OU+UT happens). The B1G might pull a Hail Mary and land Notre Dame, etc., but with the cyclical nature of college football it's basically a 2-horse race until the FBS crumbles entirely. Alabama will get terrible again. Nebraska will be great again. Tennessee will be great again. Georgia will suck for a while. Florida will dominate. It's all but guaranteed that a certain number of traditional powers will be ruling the roost at any given time.

If the SEC lands OU+UT and the B1G lands Notre Dame, than the only traditional power NOT in those two conferences is USC.

The PAC, ACC and Whatever-XII-G5-thing-Happens are all fighting for 3rd place at this point.

Jumping anywhere but the SEC is suicide.

B1G+SEC are now Coke and Pepsi. Everyone else is Shasta or RC.

The only move that would make any sense for Nebraska is the SEC.

I realistically don't think it will happen for a hundred reasons. The SEC and B1G are fighting back and forth for supremacy and it looks like the SEC has the edge (assuming OU+UT happens). The B1G might pull a Hail Mary and land Notre Dame, etc., but with the cyclical nature of college football it's basically a 2-horse race until the FBS crumbles entirely. Alabama will get terrible again. Nebraska will be great again. Tennessee will be great again. Georgia will suck for a while. Florida will dominate. It's all but guaranteed that a certain number of traditional powers will be ruling the roost at any given time.

If the SEC lands OU+UT and the B1G lands Notre Dame, than the only traditional power NOT in those two conferences is USC.

The PAC, ACC and Whatever-XII-G5-thing-Happens are all fighting for 3rd place at this point.

Jumping anywhere but the SEC is suicide.

B1G+SEC are now Coke and Pepsi. Everyone else is Shasta or RC.

index.jpg

The Big Ten is the only place for us. anybody who suggests otherwise is not using logic or has a agenda of some sort. Not only does the big ten have the tradition, it has the tv contact, the money and some serious competition. But most important it’s stable. These treads that keep suggesting otherwise neeed to be treated as bologna.

The Big Ten is the only place for us. anybody who suggests otherwise is not using logic or has a agenda of some sort. Not only does the big ten have the tradition, it has the tv contact, the money and some serious competition. But most important it’s stable. These treads that keep suggesting otherwise neeed to be treated as bologna.
I’m not suggesting it. Just asking a question.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back