• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU-Illinois

The call wasn't the deciding factor, but it didn't help. NU had made several runs, only to be answered by Ilinni runs. I thought the officiating was suspect the entire game. At least they were consistent with the bad calls. I felt like the refs were calling "make-up" calls quite often. They would miss a call, but make a questionable call on the other end to even things up.

A bunch of offensive rebounds is probably the understatement of the year. NU was just not able to get position the whole night.

Generally blaming refs is weak. It was a 20 point loss. You have a nail biter going down to the last second and you get an awful call? eh. But the Almeida play is going to get called 9 out of 10 times. You get a bohemoth like him...and someone comes down the lane and the play on the ball is down low and the offensive play gets twisted around...foul. Every time. Not right...but still a foul.

NU shot 31%
NU shot 14% from 3
NU scored 51 points
NU gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds

One foul, bad as it was, didn't change anything. Illinois was called for 24 fouls (NU 18). I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that at least 1 of those 24 was an awful call.

The call wasn't the deciding factor, but it didn't help. NU had made several runs, only to be answered by Ilinni runs. I thought the officiating was suspect the entire game. At least they were consistent with the bad calls. I felt like the refs were calling "make-up" calls quite often. They would miss a call, but make a questionable call on the other end to even things up.

A bunch of offensive rebounds is probably the understatement of the year. NU was just not able to get position the whole night.

Well said - The Huskers just didn't play well, refs or no refs the entire game. My point was simply that that particular call, at that time in the game, was the last time the Huskers made a run and the momentum shift can be directly attributed to that call. The wind went out of the sails after that.

I saw the second half and thought the Huskers put forth a lot of effort but when you have no real go to guy or scoring threat, its hard to have runs last. I still feel good about our coach provided we can get some shooters/rebounders into the mix.

Sorry, ColoREDo, but I see lack of confidence and a lot of hesitancy under the basket, going for a jump shot, crashing the boards, open for 3's, you name it! :popcorn:

I was hoping to see the HUSKERS pull out the win but no such luck. Hopefully they can still surprise a couple of teams before the season is over.

I was hoping to see the HUSKERS pull out the win but no such luck. Hopefully they can still surprise a couple of teams before the season is over.

Hi, mj. :) Don't hold your breath, my friend. We lack a go-to that is consistent. So sad! :(

Generally blaming refs is weak. It was a 20 point loss. You have a nail biter going down to the last second and you get an awful call? eh. But the Almeida play is going to get called 9 out of 10 times. You get a bohemoth like him...and someone comes down the lane and the play on the ball is down low and the offensive play gets twisted around...foul. Every time. Not right...but still a foul.

NU shot 31%
NU shot 14% from 3
NU scored 51 points
NU gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds

One foul, bad as it was, didn't change anything. Illinois was called for 24 fouls (NU 18). I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that at least 1 of those 24 was an awful call.

Bilsker, relax, ok? Why do you have to jump on people all the time. Have a little patience, ok? We all have a right to vent. You just don't know all the facts, when someone complains. Stop being so high and mighty! :stickouttongue: ;)

Last edited:
Bilsker, relax, ok? Why do you have to jump on people all the time. Have a little patience, ok? We all have a right to vent. You just don't know all the facts, when someone complains. Stop being so high and mighty! :stickouttongue: ;)

I like to "keep it real". :)

Hey, everybody gets on the refs. As a CU fan I could complain a LOT about the refs the last couple games. But at the end of the day all you can control is you. And, in CU's case if they simply hit shots they normally hit and rebound they'd be 19-1. But they didn't. And so they aren't. Same goes for NU the other night. The refs might have been iffy but you shoot 31%/14%...you lose.

I like to "keep it real". :)

Hey, everybody gets on the refs. As a CU fan I could complain a LOT about the refs the last couple games. But at the end of the day all you can control is you. And, in CU's case if they simply hit shots they normally hit and rebound they'd be 19-1. But they didn't. And so they aren't. Same goes for NU the other night. The refs might have been iffy but you shoot 31%/14%...you lose.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir, bilsker! :) I just hate faulty umping, refing, etc.!! These guys are paid well to do the job well!! Whaddup with that?

Talk to you later.

GO BIG RED!!!

:wave:

Sorry, ColoREDo, but I see lack of confidence and a lot of hesitancy under the basket, going for a jump shot, crashing the boards, open for 3's, you name it! :popcorn:

You nailed it with the "lack of confidence" part. It appears that they get an open look inside and are so surprised they start to think of how they could mess it up. Their own worse enemy. What is so frustrating is that when they have a short shot, they refuse to use the glass. It is your friend...just ask this guy named Tim Duncan!!

You nailed it with the "lack of confidence" part. It appears that they get an open look inside and are so surprised they start to think of how they could mess it up. Their own worse enemy. What is so frustrating is that when they have a short shot, they refuse to use the glass. It is your friend...just ask this guy named Tim Duncan!!

You see what I see! Couldn't have said it any better. And, if you think about it, they are like that, especially when they play a team that isn't a "gimme". They have the confidence against small schools, then it's all over against the "better" schools. I said, before the season began, they will be lucky to win 2 confernce games. Now, looks like they have a chance..............vs PSU!! :eek:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back