• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Hires Bill Moos from Washington State: Will Not Change Coaches Mid-Sesaon

No, that's why I asked. ;)

I think you could have easily drawn a reasonable inference, but fine. While I do think OSU looked a lot more talented than us, I do not think it accounted for all 42 points of the score differential.

Last edited:
Fairly certain his job is secure, he's not rocking the boat by saying anything negative. No coach who wants to keep their job will say anything less than praise.

Of course John Cook’s job is secure...he actually earns his money compared to many coaches at the university. My original post was an attempt at sarcasm but I should have included this...

:Sarcasm:

Last edited:

I think you could have easily drawn a reasonable inference, but fine. While I do think OSU looked a lot more talented than us, I do not think it accounted for all 42 points of the score differential.
Are you arguing with your self again? LOL.

Relatively speaking. Lots of talent in the shelves.
There's talent enough to be competitive in the West once the players have mastered the schemes, but not enough to compete with OSU, Penn State, and arguably Wisconsin. There was talent enough to beat Oregon but not enough to be sure of beating them.

So far this year, the only loss that definitely should have been avoided given the level of talent was NIU. No glory there to be sure. But saying this will be a quick turnaround is only remotely true if by turned around you mean going 9-3 instead of 7-5. I don't think that's anyone's goal.

Where will he find a place without a ton of pressure? Tenneessee? ATM? He would start those jobs with a minimum of good will and will be expected to win pronto. Here he is the hero come back to save the day...granted that is pressure but it buys him time too. And few, if any, of the other potential destinations provides an opportunity to be a legend. nu does.

I think some are selling NU a little short...especially as it relates to an alum. There will be warts anywhere that just fired a coach.

Oregon State.

Gary Andersen level won't be acceptable, but ....

Maybe Ole Miss?

There will be jobs out there in power five conferences that won't be nearly the pressure cooker of NU. In fact, no job will come with higher expectations for Frost than NU. There's a whole lotta fans who expect he will be the savior.

Last edited:

I know its not a real popular opinion right now but I think we can beat anyone, including PSU, on the schedule. Wins over Akron and Georgia St have skewed their stats. Iowa by 2? They've got Mich, tOSU and Mich St coming up....they could be 6-3 by the end of that stretch and beat up.

I'm not beyond hoping for 7-5 and with some strides 8-4 is not out of the question. TL is getting better (no where to go but up right?) Going 23-38 303 yards, 2 TDs and no pics against a team who pretty much knew you couldn't run on them showed me something. He also went 17/24 vs Ill without a pic. Speilman, Morgan and Ozigbo are real weapons. The O-line held up pretty well yesterday...giving up 1 sac (admittedly the run game was shut out).

A bye week to get healthy and work on improving and taking 3 or 4 wins into Iowa would do the program a great deal of good.
I've got plenty of cool-aid left if anyone is thirsty. GBR and Mooooos.

Oregon State.

Gary Andersen level won't be acceptable, but ....

Maybe Ole Miss?

There will be jobs out there in power five conferences that won't be nearly the pressure cooker of NU. In fact, no job will come with higher expectations for Frost than NU. There's a whole lotta fans who expect he will be the savior.
lots of risk in taking a job like oregon state...career killing potential.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back