• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU guys in portal, decommitting, draft

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
The total as of 1/29 is now 26.

Draft

Trav Vokolec
Caleb Tanor
Ochaen Mathis
Trey Palmer
G Nelson

Ben Brahmer D..............................Ia st
Hayden Moore...............................mich
Wm Watson D ..............................Va Tech
Arnold Barnes D............................Tulane

Ashley Williams D.........................Az S
Omarion Miller D..........................Colo

Brendan Franke
Jaeden Gould..................................................Syracuse
Karmonte Grimes.........................................No iowa
Chase Contreraz
Gabe Heins
Ernest Hausmann......................................................Michigan
Brant Banks..........................................................Rice
Alex Conn
Jailen Weaver
Marquis Black.....................................................West Ky
Mosai Newsom
Jaquez Yant..................................................................Fla A & M
Kevin Williams..............................................................Charlotte
DeColdest Crawford.................................................La Tech

Last edited:
I would bet we see Omar Manning's name added to that list :(
Ooops, he is senior, thought he had a year left. My bad!

Last edited:

If I was a player in this scenario I would probably enter the portal even if I wasn't sure I would leave. Good time to reconsider everything and see what's out there. And force these new coaches to show if they think I'm important in their new system. Completely fair.

Plus frankly if I just had one year left I might leave just to start fresh after a tenure with so much drama. It's gotta wear you out some.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't still like Nebraska, but the program and its success is really a project for the new coaches and younger players, not for the old guys.

Of course many will stay because they like their teammates or their girlfriends or just not to go through the brain damage of starting over someplace new so close to the end.

The coaching staff's job in all this turnover is ending up with better incoming than outgoing. If they're good they should be able to do that, even with high number.

Kind of weird how a college team can be broken up as fast or faster than pros now. But for good coaches it's way more an opportunity than problem.

Last edited:
If I was a player in this scenario I would probably enter the portal even if I wasn't sure I would leave. Good time to reconsider everything and see what's out there. And force these new coaches to show if they think I'm important in their new system. Completely fair.

Plus frankly if I just had one year left I might leave just to start fresh after a tenure with so much drama. It's gotta wear you out some.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't still like Nebraska, but the program and its success is really a project for the new coaches and younger players, not for the old guys.

Of course many will stay because they like their teammates or their girlfriends or just not to go through the brain damage of starting over someplace new so close to the end.

The coaching staff's job in all this turnover is ending up with better incoming than outgoing. If they're good they should be able to do that, even with high numbers.

Good points.

Every relationship and coach that drew these kids to the University is gone.

I don't blame any of them for looking around, because other than the 'school' part of things, they're starting over as well. It's like their first day all over again. I get it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back