• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU-Akron settlement

Being a booster/company of substance with far reaching influence within the athletic department, I heard Huskermax threw in a ton of free Amazon gift cards that Akron can easily access with their iPhones and/or iPads.

Huskermax’s generosity allowed Nebraska to complete the negotiations with Akron. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cha-Ching. So much for the drivel that NU didn't owe Akron a dime.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/l...aska-over-canceled-football-game/95-621810730

They indicated a settlement had been reached, I'm sure it was well south of the original 1.17 million. I didn't hear any "drivel" that we didn't owe them a dime... just that they weren't entitled to the original negotiated value as the contract wasn't fulfilled. And the way it sounds it worked EXACTLY like the "know it all' said it would work out.

Got sour grapes... make some whine.:cool:

Last edited:
Hopefully it was just for travel expenses. Akron deserves nothing more. We can't control the weather and even tried to make accomodations for them. I wonder if their admin thought they could simply head home and collect a huge check after the cancellation.

I wonder if there was any TV money made from it. They did a lot of advertising in the beginning and at certain spots where they were doing updates. I wonder how all of that works out. Plus they sold out of everything regarding concessions. You would have though the writer of this article would have went through a little more effort to find out the number as it should be available via open records laws.

I wonder if there was any TV money made from it. They did a lot of advertising in the beginning and at certain spots where they were doing updates. I wonder how all of that works out. Plus they sold out of everything regarding concessions. You would have though the writer of this article would have went through a little more effort to find out the number as it should be available via open records laws.

I'm sure you're right that eventually the figure will come out due to open records law. Though I think that requires one to make a request and wait for a response, so it may be a bit. It will be interesting when it comes out and if there are any details. Aren't we an obsessed fanbase :Biggrin:

I heard the concession sales went through the roof while the fans were confined to the stadium. Maybe Akron picked up 50% of the Runzas, red Fairbury hot dogs and Valentinos.

I heard the concession sales went through the roof while the fans were confined to the stadium. Maybe Akron picked up 50% of the Runzas, red Fairbury hot dogs and Valentinos.
I heard the Riley pin cushion dolls really sold well too!

What's with the "Cha-ching" comment when we don't have any idea what the actual settlement amount is?? And who ever said we didn't owe them a dime? They did make the trip to Lincoln and did in-fact take the field and participated in the first play of the scheduled contest. Obviously they are owed something.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back