• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU @ # 25 ILLINOIS, Game #28, (W, 90-57), Wed, 2/22/23 @ 7 pm CST on BTN+ (Subscription) (Game/Recap Thread)

Huskers by 21 (68-47) at the end of Q3! (Illinois with a buzzer-beater trey to end the Qtr)

(Video review made Illinois last bucket a 2 instead of a three)

1677119111540.png

Last edited:

Lady Huskers win by 33 Points; 90-57 :Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: Probably the most complete game by the Huskers since the 90- 67 Win over Maryland on Dec 4th.

Shooting FG's 59% vs 34% for Illinois, Won the Rebound battle 44-24, Points in the Paint: 46-18, and controlled the turnovers in the 2nd half, 9 vs 6 for Maryland for the full game. In addition Huskers were heating up the 3-point game, 10-24 (42%) vs 6-26 (23%) for Illinois. :Cheer2: :Gobigred:

FINAL STATS: (Every one of the Husker Starters was in Double Figures!!! :Bow: )
1677120526838.png

1677120419917.png

Watched the rest on my phone. What a performance! The Ladies rocked!

This was a top 25 win on the friggin' road! That will go a long way for them.

Again, congrats, Huskers!! :Huskerflag: :Rockon::Hooray::Balloons::Cheers:

The husker ladies’ defense really had IL stressed. IL being ice cold was helpful as well. Those things in conjunction with NU’s crazy shooting percentage was a perfect store. When our ladies are on it is so much fun to watch.

That was a big win! The upset win should get us back into the tourney bracket!
I think it is a long shot after the Minnesota loss. An 8th place finish likely means a conference tournament game against MSU. Seems like that will be a must win. If we then beat the one seed in the quarterfinals I think we are in. But if not, it is probably too many teams to climb past.

I think it is a long shot after the Minnesota loss. An 8th place finish likely means a conference tournament game against MSU. Seems like that will be a must win. If we then beat the one seed in the quarterfinals I think we are in. But if not, it is probably too many teams to climb past.

I agree the Huskers need to win one, maybe two, games in the tournament to get in. The good news is that I think they're definitely capable of that. They could, and probably should, have beaten Indiana on the road in January.

Now the bad news. I didn't realize this until today, but Caitlin Clark can't declare for the WNBA draft after this season. Page Bueckers is eligible because she was born in October 2001. Clark was born in January 2002, so she's not eligible until 2024. So, unfortunately, she'll play in Lincoln one more time.

(Summarizing some comments I've seen elsewhere on the Win over Illinois)

* Brutalized them on the boards 44-24 - only 9 turnovers might be an even bigger story.

* D was really solid; offense was executing at peak performance. We got more inside baskets tonight with drives for layups and sharp passing to our bigs for buckets.
(Keep on Driving to the basket)

* Illinois is double teaming Markowski, but not other centers or Issie...Our inside game is hurting them.

* Q1 we played man to man defense. Q2 we played zone and stopped their guards from getting easy buckets, they had to take harder shots away from the basket. Sometimes we don't seem to play good man to man.

* Its the only 2 games we have held the turnovers down, played defense and made mid range shots in the same game.

* Stewart has a nice mid range shot, but we don’t seem to play to her strengths. Nice if Coley could develop a mid range shot.

(Game Recap)

Huskers Pound No. 25 Illinois on Road

.......as Nebraska put together its most complete and consistent performance of the season with a 90-57 Big Ten road win at No. 25 Illinois.
The Huskers hit 66.7 (20-30) percent of their shots from the field in the half, including 15-of-17 two-point field goals. Bourne led the Big Red inside with eight points on 4-of-4 two-point shooting, Markowski added six points on 3-of-3 shooting at the rim. Krull added six points of her own at the rim on three attempts, while Stewart contributed four points on a pair of two-point attempts, while Haiby pitched in six points on 3-of-5 two-point shooting, including a buzzer-beating 10-foot jumper to end the half.
While the Huskers sizzled from inside the arc, Shelley did plenty of damage from long range by hitting 4-of-8 three-pointers in the first half. Nebraska hit 5-of-13 threes overall in the half, including a triple off the bench from Coley.
Nebraska returns home to close the regular season against Northwestern on Sunday. Tip-off between the Huskers and Wildcats on Senior Day at Pinnacle Bank Arena is set for 1 p.m. (CT) with tickets on sale now at Huskers.com.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back