• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU @ #22 MSU 5:06 pm Start

A good effort falls short, the last minute and a half was all MSU. Hats off to the HUSKERS for giving it their best shot.

This team just needs to get a win in the worst way. I say Wednesday Night at home against Purdue sounds like the perfect time to get Miles his first Big Ten win.

They played valiantly and Coach kept them in control. It is evident we need more depth. Only 7 guys played tonight. During the regular season, you need more players. You don't have the benefit of all the TV timeouts, like in the tourney. Coach definitely has "buy in " from the players. He will build a winner!!

They played valiantly and Coach kept them in control. It is evident we need more depth. Only 7 guys played tonight. During the regular season, you need more players. You don't have the benefit of all the TV timeouts, like in the tourney. Coach definitely has "buy in " from the players. He will build a winner!!

Actually the number of TV timeouts doesn't change from regular season to the tournament. 4 each half at roughly 4 minute intervals. Your post did make me look it up and what is different is that the timeouts are a little longer...by 45 seconds. Halftimes are also 20 minutes instead of 15. I did know halftimes were longer but I guess I wasn't aware that timeouts were longer....learn something new every day I guess.

I guess it feels like they add 4 or 5 more a half! Thanks for looking into that. The guys just ran out of gas, for the second game in a row. Then add in the fouling and the final score does not reflect how close the games have been.
Actually the number of TV timeouts doesn't change from regular season to the tournament. 4 each half at roughly 4 minute intervals. Your post did make me look it up and what is different is that the timeouts are a little longer...by 45 seconds. Halftimes are also 20 minutes instead of 15. I did know halftimes were longer but I guess I wasn't aware that timeouts were longer....learn something new every day I guess.

I thought it was interesting that Miles sounded a bit disappointed in Almeida's production. Almeida's best game this year came after Miles had expressed similar feelings.

Something to keep an eye on next Wednesday.

Thought the same thing and just kept telling myself that the "ranked" teams will get the benefit of the calls. Coach Miles is keeping his calm and hopes to get calls to go the Huskers way in the future. Looking to the future.
and the phantom fouls down the stretch against NU....grr.

Thought the same thing and just kept telling myself that the "ranked" teams will get the benefit of the calls. Coach Miles is keeping his calm and hopes to get calls to go the Huskers way in the future. Looking to the future.

that foul committed to dawson was a bit comical...wasn't even touched (and we got whistled for the foul) but the way he went up and carried in the air with that look on his face and clutching his knee in slo-mo...I hope he's okay and he did return in the 2nd half, but that whole sequence just struck me a bit funny...

you're right, ranked teams tend to get the benefit of the whistle...hopefully we're in that realm shortly under Miles and I think we will be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back