• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NSD Team Rankings From 247, Rivals & ESPN (2/6/19)

This class is great. I'm happy with what Scott and his staff have done. Next season still will weigh heaviest on offseason gains made by Riley-recruited players along with jumps (of necessity) by 2018 Husker recruits. It just feels good knowing that it's going to happen - we just don't know who or how much yet. Fun spring and fall ahead.

Who knows what the grade could have been if they had the right info? :)

Come on, Grayson hasn't been a commit for a long time.

National Sports Organizations for the most part the norm. They get so inundated they do not do a good job of fact checking in an one deep position

Still think B+ is fair though regardless

Weren't the majority of Coach Osborne's classes ranked in the 30's-40's range? They took 2* & 3* young men and made many of them into 4* or better players! I know Frost and staff can do much the same.

Weren't the majority of Coach Osborne's classes ranked in the 30's-40's range? They took 2* & 3* young men and made many of them into 4* or better players! I know Frost and staff can do much the same.

I think calling Osborne's athletes 2 and 3 stars is significantly (and inaccurately) underselling the athleticism of those teams.

Going forward, if NU is going to be successful, we have to have a critical mass of exceptional athletes AND develop them, and coach them. Frost doesn't have a magic wand where he take dramatically less talented people and still win. I believe he is good enough to consistently win with comparable athletes.

I think calling Osborne's athletes 2 and 3 stars is significantly (and inaccurately) underselling the athleticism of those teams.

Going forward, if NU is going to be successful, we have to have a critical mass of exceptional athletes AND develop them, and coach them. Frost doesn't have a magic wand where he take dramatically less talented people and still win. I believe he is good enough to consistently win with comparable athletes.

RMH - I meant no slight to our players "athleticism" whatsoever. I was only referring to Coach Osborne's class typical rankings being in the 30's to 40's range. If they were indeed in that range, there would have been many more 2* & 3* players (that were obviously under-rated by the recruiting services) that grew and were coached into very much higher playing abilities than what you would expect of classes in that ranking range. I am aware and rejoice that no matter what their star rankings were, we had some of the most talented and dominating players playing D-1 football anywhere.

Lowest I remember was #22 early 90s. Mid 80s I believe there was a #1 class in there somewhere.

Lowest I remember was #22 early 90s. Mid 80s I believe there was a #1 class in there somewhere.
very fuzzy, but seemed like 15-25 or 15-20 was the norm. similar to this year and after a 4 win season. going forward could easily see classes rated in the 5-15 area over the next decade under Frost. put an average of 10 wins a season and watch the numbers rise. with some stability of coaching tenure look out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back