• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NSD Team Rankings From 247, Rivals & ESPN (2/6/19)

Hanging out in the same recruiting neighborhood as the Ohio State, Florida State, Washington, and USC this year... and not all that far from schools like Notre Dame and Auburn. Not too shabby.

Can't wait for the 2020 class if it's supposed to be better than 2019!

The biggest thing I always look for is where Nebraska finished in the Big Ten... Average Star-wise and on the composite, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan finished ahead of us which we should all expect every year. In Rivals, we actually finished ahead of Ohio State for 3rd in the B1G (due to taking 11 more guys). That's exactly where we need to be in recruiting cycles. We were actually closer to being in the first tier as opposed to the second tier with Wisconsin and Sparty over at Rivals. There was a pretty steep drop-off after us.

We still had misses in some key areas, but recruiting isn't over. We will have a grad transfer or JUCO guy coming our way before fall camp there.

The biggest thing I always look for is where Nebraska finished in the Big Ten... Average Star-wise and on the composite, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan finished ahead of us which we should all expect every year. In Rivals, we actually finished ahead of Ohio State for 3rd in the B1G (due to taking 11 more guys). That's exactly where we need to be in recruiting cycles. We were actually closer to being in the first tier as opposed to the second tier with Wisconsin and Sparty over at Rivals. There was a pretty steep drop-off after us.

We still had misses in some key areas, but recruiting isn't over. We will have a grad transfer or JUCO guy coming our way before fall camp there.
I agree completely! I am not sure we will ever have a top 5 class per se' just due to the issue of us "locking down" our in state recruits. Those guys may not get quite the attention outside of Nebraska that others do, which could drag our composite down somewhat. By the same token if we develop guys and succeed on the field I believe we can be in the top 10 range.

While we were all disappointed the way the last week went, and the staff did miss on a few key positions, I think we forgot how really good this class potentially can be. When McCaffrey is ranked 10th by N2FL, and Wright is 18th I believe, that's a deep talented class. There are a lot of guys on both sides of the ball that could be difference makers very soon. I'm really excited to see how this class develops.

Probably two good guys away from being exactly where we want to be (top 12-15). Two more years just like this year/touch better and we'll be rocking the B1G and competing nationally.

This class looks great on paper but as always it will be interesting how they look two years from now. My only worrry is CB and an edge rusher. SF may pull a surprise or develop one of the other positions. Will be fun to watch. GBR

Lots of love on ESPNU radio last night for the Huskers. Made top five for second signing day "winners". Mentioned the stable of speed we've signed and called it Purdue on "steroids". The Husker fans should be excited and winning the west regularly is going to come sooner than later. Or something like that...I was driving in snowstorm in Minnesota so my attention was divided.

Lots of love on ESPNU radio last night for the Huskers. Made top five for second signing day "winners". Mentioned the stable of speed we've signed and called it Purdue on "steroids". The Husker fans should be excited and winning the west regularly is going to come sooner than later. Or something like that...I was driving in snowstorm in Minnesota so my attention was divided.

Made Top Five for second signing day winners ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back