• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Now I know how Craig Bohl won the FCS Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Well, those criminal charges are not exactly first degree assault or something. Wrong is wrong but that seems like a pretty weak criminal label to me. But then again, it is North Dakota, what else is there to do but fix ballots and petitions? :Biggrin:

Coach Bohl and the program seem to be taking a lot of heat on this one. During fall camp, one of the Bison's top linebackers was dismissed from the team for allegedly "revealing himself" to a woman at the mall. Many people are disgusted that there has not been the same sort of immediate action taken, with these players. It really is a stain on this program, but I think this stems from Coach Bohl's aggressive recruiting efforts outside of the state. He has gotten many good players, but some appear to come with excess baggage. Merely speculation, but it makes sense.

Nevertheless, I can see why it would be extremely difficult for him to immediately suspend players, with Colorado State coming up. That would be a huge hit for the team. Clearly a rock and a hard place situation. Regardless, I'd take a handful (or two apparently) of class A misdemeanors anyday over the situation Penn State's in.

I got my money on NG's verdicts or dismissed charges on the low-level people, like the players, who are just out there trying to make some money doing a summer job by gathering signatures. Have become very familiar with these petition drives and the companies that pimp themselves out as able to help get the signatures. Usually, the signatures are just invalidated and the issues does not make the ballot. Going after the poor bastards who received terrible training from the company (and probably finincial incentive) and went door to door all summer is not going to fly in front of most juries, even if they disagree with the issues being petitioned.

Stupid to file charges on low-level players, and only happening because some were on the NDSU team and the SA knew they could get come traction and a story on ESPN.

The defendant's will hire Quick or Edinger (and a year ago I would have said Light, but not now RIP big man) and stomp these charged into the ground!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back