• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Notre dame sell out streak ends

Shadow of the Dome

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
Last edited:

I wonder why that is. They aren’t a bad team. They have a loyal following. Kinda baffling it’s happening now. They have had some pretty bad teams over the years of that streak and kept it going. Odd that it’s happening now.

How can someone confirm the game won't sell out 2 days before it's played?

Update: I see now that ND was offering some discounts previously to sell out. But, that doesn't explain to me why the game doesn't sell out for a Top 25 matchup. Sign of the times, I guess.

Last edited:

I'm sure it's a combination of rising ticket prices, aging alumni base, growing number of disinterested students, and general apathy toward the program. Also, South Bend's population has been shrinking over the past couple of decades. Eventually this was going to catch up to them. There must be so many tickets still left for sale that corporate sponsors aren't interested in buying those up this time around. Once ND loses a game, there's very little relevant to play for. Maybe it's time for them to join a conference.

I'm sure it's a combination of rising ticket prices, aging alumni base, growing number of disinterested students, and general apathy toward the program. Also, South Bend's population has been shrinking over the past couple of decades. Eventually this was going to catch up to them. There must be so many tickets still left for sale that corporate sponsors aren't interested in buying those up this time around. Once ND loses a game, there's very little relevant to play for. Maybe it's time for them to join a conference.
Rising prices for sure. Aging alumni base doesn’t really make sense, neither does program apathy.

Doubt they will join a conference for football. No financial benefit to giving up third own network deal. They are already members of the ACC and B1G (affiliate) for everything else.

Three November games in the middle of Nowwhere, Indiana doesn’t help either.
That was mentioned in one of the articles. People talking about having to fly into Chicago, then drive to South Bend... Tough to do 3 times in a month.

And they suspect fewer tickets are being bought through the ticket office because it's so easy to get them on the secondary market.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back