• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nothing? Is the NU coach search in a dead period?

Megatron

Recruit
5 Year Member
I realize all of the current coaches are busy with their teams, but I thought we would hear something! No plane scouting, no leaks to the press?
Is anything even happening? I know some say there are interest level conversations happening, but I thought we would hear more than that at this point.
Maybe the search doesn’t start in earnest until Mickey’s chances are zero? If so, that’s one heck of a gamble.

My guess:

We're seeing just the top of the river. It looks calm and like not much is happening. Beneath the water, where we can't see, the current is strong and there is a lot of activity. Likely lots of back-channel conversations and preliminary vetting of prospective candidates.

Last week was a good start for Mickey, but he has to finish AT LEAST 4-3 in the final seven games to have any chance of being the next full time HC. It's a tough ask.

I expect most of the work is between Alberts and a professional head hunting firm. Definitely an NDA in place between those parties. Only people would might leak would be potential targets or their agents. Unless those coaching targets want to leverage the interest for a raise at their current school, we likely won't hear anything significant till November/December. Overall, I think this process has become more professionalized in the last 20 years.

I swear, some of you guys on here really have nothing else to worry about. Nebraska will hire a new "HC" at some future date, it's not up to any casual fan as to who or when that will be. I'd also hope that no one particular well endowed Alum had any actual sway to TA's job search. If that is the case, then he is just a figure head and not much of a leader.

Chill out about the coaching search guys, because no matter who gets hired, whether he is a bust or boom of a coach, you have ZERO CONTROL of that outcome, so quit worrying about it and stop with these damn the sky is falling threads. The sky is always falling, the end is always nigh, water is wet. So sit back, enjoy any and every win we may get and let the chips fall where they may. GO BIG RED!!!

My guess:

We're seeing just the top of the river. It looks calm and like not much is happening. Beneath the water, where we can't see, the current is strong and there is a lot of activity. Likely lots of back-channel conversations and preliminary vetting of prospective candidates.

Last week was a good start for Mickey, but he has to finish AT LEAST 4-3 in the final seven games to have any chance of being the next full time HC. It's a tough ask.
I'm thinking 6 - 1 or 7 - 0 but I'm an outsider looking in. I'm just not worried about it and I honestly think that Trev will hire the guy he thinks is the best fit for Nebraska(or he at least is going to start with whoever that may be, and then go on down his list if his top prospect bows out) and a new era of Husker Football will begin again. GBR

I realize all of the current coaches are busy with their teams, but I thought we would hear something! No plane scouting, no leaks to the press?
Is anything even happening? I know some say there are interest level conversations happening, but I thought we would hear more than that at this point.
Maybe the search doesn’t start in earnest until Mickey’s chances are zero? If so, that’s one heck of a gamble.
1664937858699.gif

My guess:

Is that Shakespeare? Beautiful…

There has been a pause because Trev is making sure everyone in the department is putting the cover sheets on their TPS reports. It takes time.
This might explain how Brendan and Matt are still employed. I mean, you gotta have at least three bosses reminding you about the TPS report covers, just to be sure they get done, right?

Last edited:

I suspect plenty is going on. Since covid alot of things have changed. Most people are good with video conferences vice face to face interaction till it gets down to brass tacks. I'd be willing to bet nothing gets done face to face till he's close to making a decision.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back