• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not to worry. Moos is taking care of it. Update: Rhonda Revelle is cleared and returned to work. Kudos to Moos for a proper investigation

Guess 27 years of good service doesn’t buy you anything these days.

Yes, it buys you paid administrative leave while an investigation is going on.

Why is everything in your mind about Bill Moos doing something wrong.

Someone should start their own perpetual thread titled I Hate Bill Moos and post hourly updates. It might look something like this:

Saturday
7am - Damn, had another nightmare about Moos. Got a stiff neck. Why are the sheets a little wet again?

8am - My Corn Flakes taste a little funny. I bet Billy took a leak in them.

9am - Neighbor kid is doing a horrible job on my lawn again. There's not a single straight line to be found. I'm certain he's What's His Name's grandson.

10am - I would really love NU sports right now if it weren't for you-know-who.

As the AD Moos is tasked with investigating any situation regarding an athletes well being, whether justified or not.... it's why he makes the big bucks. I trust Bill will do what's best for all involved, even if it makes some grumpy old men mad. GBR

If somebody accuses a university employee of misconduct, it has to be investigated. Even if the person making the accusation is a nutjob, the university has to investigate it. In this situation the AD needs to do his due diligence to be able to show that he investigated whatever it is so as to avoid being in a situation like Graham Spanier at Penn State. If it was/is obvious that there was/is merit to the allegation(s), the suspension would be without pay pending completion of the investigation as the investigation will usually determine that a person needs to be fired long before it's possible to go through the due process of terminating the contract. Suspension without pay is the not-so-coded way of saying that this person is about to be fired with cause, and we don't want to pay them anymore.

She is suspended with pay. Legal requirements fence in Moos so that he really can't comment on the situation beyond saying that she's suspended with pay. If he comments on her in any unflattering way, it's a violation of her privacy rights. If he comments in any way to say that the allegations are b.s., he opens himself up to severe consequences if somebody else comes forward to corroborate, or even if it's later proven that he couldn't have known that at the time. With Freedom of Information requests, everything he says or writes can be brought to light.

This is how it has to be done. If she did nothing wrong, Moos is going to be her fiercest defender throughout, but he can't do so publicly until the process is completed. Different institutions have different protocols for how long such an investigation should take, but I'd guess that it will be between a week and two weeks before something official is stated.

This is the world that we now live in. Moos is doing his job. I hope that Coach Revelle is innocent, and that that comes out. Fwiw, any provably false accusations that are made and are put into writing--which is usually the first requirement for starting an official inquiry into a complaint--become grounds for a civil case against the accuser for damages done to Revelle's reputation.

If somebody accuses a university employee of misconduct, it has to be investigated. Even if the person making the accusation is a nutjob, the university has to investigate it. In this situation the AD needs to do his due diligence to be able to show that he investigated whatever it is so as to avoid being in a situation like Graham Spanier at Penn State. If it was/is obvious that there was/is merit to the allegation(s), the suspension would be without pay pending completion of the investigation as the investigation will usually determine that a person needs to be fired long before it's possible to go through the due process of terminating the contract. Suspension without pay is the not-so-coded way of saying that this person is about to be fired with cause, and we don't want to pay them anymore.

She is suspended with pay. Legal requirements fence in Moos so that he really can't comment on the situation beyond saying that she's suspended with pay. If he comments on her in any unflattering way, it's a violation of her privacy rights. If he comments in any way to say that the allegations are b.s., he opens himself up to severe consequences if somebody else comes forward to corroborate, or even if it's later proven that he couldn't have known that at the time. With Freedom of Information requests, everything he says or writes can be brought to light.

This is how it has to be done. If she did nothing wrong, Moos is going to be her fiercest defender throughout, but he can't do so publicly until the process is completed. Different institutions have different protocols for how long such an investigation should take, but I'd guess that it will be between a week and two weeks before something official is stated.

This is the world that we now live in. Moos is doing his job. I hope that Coach Revelle is innocent, and that that comes out. Fwiw, any provably false accusations that are made and are put into writing--which is usually the first requirement for starting an official inquiry into a complaint--become grounds for a civil case against the accuser for damages done to Revelle's reputation.
Right. That’s just what coaches do. Run to court and sue some ex-players. Good gawd.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back