• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not starting off good

In fairness, this party was held back when we all thought the season was a bust. I see many a self righteous post on this thread. Who here can say they never threw or attended a party back in the day. Back in the stone age when I lived in the dorms we used to take turns having weekly dorm parties. You could get written up once a semester back then without consequence (other than a slap on the hand discussion with the RD). By the time the party cycled back around it to our room it was the next semester and we had a clean slate. I didn't party every week but attended my fair share.
I’ll assume when you went to college you didn’t have the coronavirus around where your coach gave you strict guidelines if you wanted to be around the team (which included no parties and shrink your circle).

No one faults college kids for these actions during normal times. I would get it, and not be envious of the amount of stadium stairs they’d have to run. But 2020 isn’t exactly normal.

for some perspective from someone who lives in this...

My business deals exclusively with college students (fyi they are all walking around drinking White Claws and don't give 2 "fill in the blanks" )
I played D1 athletics and understand the team policing and expections, also coach a varsity highschool sport currently
I have a college freshmen on a major D1 campus this year.
FWIW...Not a fan of masks or social distancing and think this is overblown, but try to be sensitive, sensible and help where I can.

Kids are all pushing the boundaries and want freedom/normality in the college experience (space+opportunity+stupidityX immaturity = this situation on every campus
They are not scared of Covid if they are they are at home still and did not come to campus
Serious athletes will do more to avoid anything that will jeopardize themselves or teammates seasons
Serious teams will self police dumb@$$#$
This whole season is going to be a Las Vegas roller coaster

Grab a six pack, find a therapist or level out somehow, it's going to be a bumpy unpredictable ride.

GBR!

In fairness, this party was held back when we all thought the season was a bust. I see many a self righteous post on this thread. Who here can say they never threw or attended a party back in the day. Back in the stone age when I lived in the dorms we used to take turns having weekly dorm parties. You could get written up once a semester back then without consequence (other than a slap on the hand discussion with the RD). By the time the party cycled back around it to our room it was the next semester and we had a clean slate. I didn't party every week but attended my fair share.
So when you went to college there was a pandemic threatening to shut everything down. So you must be over 120 and been part of the 1918 Flu.

I’ll assume when you went to college you didn’t have the coronavirus around where your coach gave you strict guidelines if you wanted to be around the team (which included no parties and shrink your circle).

No one faults college kids for these actions during normal times. I would get it, and not be envious of the amount of stadium stairs they’d have to run. But 2020 isn’t exactly normal.
2020 steps sounds about the right amount of stairs. but maybe 2020 +19 for covid. so 2039.

2020 steps sounds about the right amount of stairs. but maybe 2020 +19 for covid. so 2039.
Both you and *** have valid points. It's what we all aspire to see in a Husker team if we want to have any chance of rising to the upper echelon of college football. Top to bottom team discipline both on and off the field!!!! I'm just saying it's going to be difficult to get ~150 virile young bucks to completely buy in on the "bubble" life style. Young kids make stupid decisions and that's 150 shots on goal.

When I lived in the dorms, we occasionally woke up on Sunday mornings to a completely dark floor (except for the exit signs). Why? We had an offensive lineman (never better than a 3rd stringer) on our floor who would get drunk and systematically remove every light bulb from their fixtures and throw them down the trash cute. Why did he do this? Nobody knew because nobody had the cahonas to ask.

P.S. I went to college in the middle of the TO era.

Both you and *** have valid points. It's what we all aspire to see in a Husker team if we want to have any chance of rising to the upper echelon of college football. Top to bottom team discipline both on and off the field!!!! I'm just saying it's going to be difficult to get ~150 virile young bucks to completely buy in on the "bubble" life style. Young kids make stupid decisions and that's 150 shots on goal.

When I lived in the dorms, we occasionally woke up on Sunday mornings to a completely dark floor (except for the exit signs). Why? We had an offensive lineman (never better than a 3rd stringer) on our floor who would get drunk and systematically remove every light bulb from their fixtures and throw them down the trash cute. Why did he do this? Nobody knew because nobody had the cahonas to ask.

I think you are right, not all will. But because of the repercussions that too many positives will incur, they may need to make a choice. Do I want to be part of the team and follow the rules or do I not want to. I know that sounds simple but it really is. I wouldn't blame some walk on who says, I'm done. I just want to be a college kid, but if they want to be part of the team, shrink the circle and suck it up for a couple of months.

It is not that i do not understand your point. When Tommy and Jordan a few years ago got in trouble for basically the same thing I was on your side. Our point is that this year HAS GOT TO BE different. That is why I said you give them one chance then... you have to let them go. Because they are putting the entire team at risk. If the whole team hears. That if you party you are gone. Most will listen.

Were you on Abel 8th floor in 1986? That prank among others got me invited to move off campus!

No margin for error here, at least it will have been almost 6 weeks before the first game. Can't be doing this going forward.
Agree, under normal circumstances it'd be different. Were trying to have a season with no covid, then knuckleheads like these pop up.

I’m blaming the ND cancellation on having 13 players in isolation and 10 are in quarantine. I’ll let you offer up the excuses.
Oh I see. Maybe next time you should state that rather then bringing up a party on statement in a thread discussing 3 nebraska players ticketed for having a large party.

Were you on Abel 8th floor in 1986? That prank among others got me invited to move off campus!
Trashcans filled half way with water tilted up against the closed elevator doors was always a fun one.

My gf's floor in Abel is responsible for cameras that were installed in the elevator chutes. Jumping on top of the elevators is apparently a bad idea (pry open the doors when it's on 12 and jump on top of it).

Oh I see. Maybe next time you should state that rather then bringing up a party on statement in a thread discussing 3 nebraska players ticketed for having a large party.
Perfect. You’ve deflected from the 3 football players to a forum poster. I knew you could do it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back