• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not so fake punt

Speaking of punts, how about us deciding not to punt early in the game and giving Illinois a short field and even more momentum.

idiotic.

Poor coaching and tired of excuses.

They need to study the Iowa film.... extra hard..,and decide on 10 plays maybe 15 but no more than that. Completely simplify the playbook and then practice those 15 damn plays until the cows come home. Until they can do it in their sleep.

We try to be too cute and too diversified and we’re just not able to execute. And we wind up looking confused, bumping into each other, miss handled snaps, and our quarterbacks running for their lives.

And the defense, I just don’t know what to say about them. I saw some fire against Penn State. I saw nothing today. Virtually no physicality.

That was one of the things Frost brought up in the presser. They need to simplify more to get the younger players on the field. Now, let's see if it happens in the remaining games.

I rarely criticize coaches but unless there were 3 back ( I could not see) we might have only had 9 on the field. There are 8 Huskers on the LOS and nobody at backer. There should have been at least 2 pressuring the punt but there was only one. And he was so quick to turn and release it is like they didn't even know IL had run this before. Oy.

Any "FOOTBALL PLAYER" will beg, borrow and steal to be on the field EVERY second of EVERY GAME!!!!! Those that don't should turn in their equipment and give back their scholarship.
In other words, if you don't want to be on the field and do your job............turn your crap in!!!
Yes it is poor coaching and it is poor playing a combo of both............ maybe some coaches need to turn their crap in also.

That was one of the things Frost brought up in the presser. They need to simplify more to get the younger players on the field. Now, let's see if it happens in the remaining games.
Simplify what?????????????????? WTH!!!! you are in college....probably played 7-10 years of football already and don't know the difference between punt safe and punt block???????? Seriously??????????

Greg Sharpe asked Frost about this in their radio segment after the game. Frost said they only had 10 guys on the field. this isn't an exact quote but it was something to the effect of ..."ya we missed it there. only had 10 guys on the field...i was trying to get the next play in and didn't see it......" apparently no one on the husker sideline "saw it."

good grief. clown show.
100 players on the sideline.....20 coaches upstairs and no one saw anything???? The returner(s) are supposed to count and actually the refs are supposed to count the players................maybe the ref was laughing to hard to count?????

probably played 7-10 years of football already and don't know the difference between punt safe and punt block????????

Not to nit pick but.....it was a full on return the way everyone released, not "safe". If it were safe punt you would have seen numerous players at the LOS holding up. Instead everyone released to block downfield except the man putting "pressure" on the punter, and there should have been two men pressuring the punter and was likely one of the players not on the field. Huge blunder for sure.

The returner(s) are supposed to count and actually the refs are supposed to count the players................maybe the ref was laughing to hard to count?????

Yes, the refs count but they are never going to tell you when you have too few, they will just throw the flag when you have too many.

That play is a perfect example of what is wrong with this program. Doesn’t matter how many great athletes you put on the field if they have a low football IQ and no attention to detail they will not be successful. Another example was the sack we had in the first half when the quarterback fumbled the ball and nobody on our team ever even realized it. Ball laid there and Nebraska guys just stood there.

Actually it does matter how many athletes you put on the field.

Last edited:

Not to nit pick but.....it was a full on return the way everyone released, not "safe". If it were safe punt you would have seen numerous players at the LOS holding up. Instead everyone released to block downfield except the man putting "pressure" on the punter, and there should have been two men pressuring the punter and was likely one of the players not on the field. Huge blunder for sure.

Yes, the refs count but they are never going to tell you when you have too few, they will just throw the flag when you have too many.
Punt safe and punt return are not the same thing you are correct..............but punt return is only used in desperate times........like when there is very little time and you need a big return to try and win the game.............this was not that situation.

I have seen refs throw a flag for too few people on the field..........don't remember the call but they did it :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back