• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not so fake punt

Special teams

Turnovers

Penalties

There is a reason why these are time proven ways to win.

Might have been the slowest 40 time (pro-rated for actual distance rushed) ever in a college football game.

Greg Sharpe asked Frost about this in their radio segment after the game. Frost said they only had 10 guys on the field. this isn't an exact quote but it was something to the effect of ..."ya we missed it there. only had 10 guys on the field...i was trying to get the next play in and didn't see it......" apparently no one on the husker sideline "saw it."

good grief. clown show.

Greg Sharpe asked Frost about this in their radio segment after the game. Frost said they only had 10 guys on the field. this isn't an exact quote but it was something to the effect of ..."ya we missed it there. only had 10 guys on the field...i was trying to get the next play in and didn't see it......" apparently no one on the husker sideline "saw it."

good grief. clown show.
Incompetence of the highest order.

We were going to lose anyway, but that play was a kick (no pun intended) in the nuts.

Last edited:

good grief. clown show.
Two things.

If we had 20 players on the field would it have mattered?
To say that I’m sick of Frost’s constant excuse of getting the next play in is an understatement. how much effort is it to call zone read or QB draw?

They need to study the Iowa film.... extra hard..,and decide on 10 plays maybe 15 but no more than that. Completely simplify the playbook and then practice those 15 damn plays until the cows come home. Until they can do it in their sleep.

We try to be too cute and too diversified and we’re just not able to execute. And we wind up looking confused, bumping into each other, miss handled snaps, and our quarterbacks running for their lives.

And the defense, I just don’t know what to say about them. I saw some fire against Penn State. I saw nothing today. Virtually no physicality.

good grief. clown show.

Oh, good . . . so the plan was to have TWO guys covering the punter/line and 9 sprinting the other direction against a team that already ran that fake on tape.

And here I thought we were just woefully coached on ST. More relieved now

good grief. clown show.
Even more reason for Frost to give up play calling

Two things.

If we had 20 players on the field would it have mattered?
To say that I’m sick of Frost’s constant excuse of getting the next play in is an understatement. how much effort is it to call zone read or QB draw?
Doesn't matter what excuse he uses, I'm sick of all of them

good grief. clown show.

Nearly exact quote from Frost. Exhibit A why Scott should not be calling plays but instead managing the game including details like this...

Had not seen any comment yet but what the hell was going on with the not really a fake punt? the punter looked scared to death but still got the yardage!
Just added into the confusion of the day. Coaches are supposed to prepare players to prevent such occurrences. As a team you don’t sell out the entire group for a punt return. Someone is always responsible for the actions of the punter. Basic football 101.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back