• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not so fake punt

That play is a perfect example of what is wrong with this program. Doesn’t matter how many great athletes you put on the field if they have a low football IQ and no attention to detail they will not be successful. Another example was the sack we had in the first half when the quarterback fumbled the ball and nobody on our team ever even realized it. Ball laid there and Nebraska guys just stood there.

Agree 100%, the QB just had the ball between his legs, I thought we had someone who did nothing but analyze special teams? If the players failed to execute, then those players should have been benched. Maybe they were? This team keeps finding ways to disappoint and embarrass. It goes from the coaches who don't know how to articulate to the players to players tweeting right before and during the game, but don't worry, we'll get it fixed. Starting to lose faith in this coaching staff. There has been absolutely nothing done that seems to show progress. Arguably, we are worse in year 3 than in year 1.

Yes the refs always count. Always. At high school and below... sometimes we will notify a team if they are short. I’ll never actually say you are short, but I might say “count your players coach”. I would never do this during a series or a drive, but I’ve definitely done it when teams line up for a kickoff of after taking the field after a change of possession. I also usually won’t do it if they have too many, only if they have too few. I’ve also only done it when I’m a line judge or linesman, or when the back judge on a kickoff (talking to kicker). Unless it’s a youth game, then I’ll tell them regardless of my position.
Have you ever been wrong and then they ran in an extra player?

Have you ever been wrong and then they ran in an extra player?
Great question. Another reason I DON’T tell them they are short. I don’t want that mistake on me. That’s why I say “count your players coach”. Puts it on them.
And yes, I’ve gotten the count wrong. Easy to do if the offense is moving quickly and lots of players are exiting/entering.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back