• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern

I’m with you on this. I don’t get the ‘either or’ mindset that so many have.
I’ve said it before - I’ve been extremely critical of SF and the results he has gotten so far, and will continue to be if the situation warrants it (while also reserving the right to dole out kudos if appropriate). Yet here I am, on this site, reading/discussing what could be done to improve Nebraska’s football standing. That alone should indicate that I have hope for better while acknowledging the very real and evident negative. Not everything in life is necessarily one thing or the other…
And all this time I thought you were rooting for 0-12 so you could say I told you so. Preach on brother.

That's a good point, but not sure if most of the NW game questions are NUs offense or NWs questionable defense. I rewatched the 2021 game last night and NU gashed NW with big plays. NW had some success both in the run and pass game, but were inconsistent, couldn't string drives together, and got behind early.

If NW can stop the big plays by NU's offense and not turn the ball over, I think this will be a much tougher game than some folks are expecting. Big plays by NU killed them last year especially in the 1st half.

Can NU's defense hold up in a nail biter and/or a game where NW can lean more on the run and not play from behind? Hilinski isn't a world beater, but he made some nice throws in that game last year. If they can take pressure off him with a run game and not get behind by 3 TDs early, they'll be able to test NUs defense.
I remember that even though it ended in a blowout, a NW TD instead of a turnover near the goal line could have led to a typical meltdown and a different game.

I remember that even though it ended in a blowout, a NW TD instead of a turnover near the goal line could have led to a typical meltdown and a different game.
Yep. NW was finally starting to find some rhythm on offense (scored on their previous drive) and that would have made it 28-14 and might have changed a bit of momentum, especially if NW's defense could have come up with a stop.

For whatever reason NU really clicked that game, but just couldn't replicate it the rest of the year. NW wasn't good, but there were other teams that were just as bad where NU struggled. The guys just put it all together that game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back