• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern vs Wisconsin

I will go back and watch the game again but I saw a LOT of things from both teams that Nebraska can exploit on both sides of the ball. Northwestern's offense is putrid and, of course, Wisconsin runs a 34 just like Nebraska. However, as I watched the game I wondered if Wisconsin maybe had a bit of a let down after the Michigan game and possibly took Northwestern too lightly.

Wisconsin looked very vulnerable when they were in zone cover defense. If Northwestern had an O-line, there were receivers running open all over the place. But Northwestern has a lot of problems.

The DBs grabbing jerseys seems to be the status quo this year for a lot of teams. My hope for tonight is the refs don't start calling it because our guys have been lucky so far.
Agree on your take on offense. But not so much on the Badger defense. Both defenses made offenses look bad/mediocre would be my take.

Northwestern and Iowa always play the Badgers tough in grind it out, big boy, kill the clock, hard nosed football. On one play today Taylor was “stopped” for what looked like a couple of yard gain, the Wisky O-Line kept grinding and pushing until he had 12 yards and a first down. Impressive to say the least!

It looked like we can compete with both these teams if our D holds up.

Statistics say they’re the better bet... but I haven’t seen it work out that way for the teams trying it
NW hasn't had any type of decent offense all season so far. Look really lousy but their D is still pretty solid. They pretty much controlled Taylor all game. Talking heads were already knocking him saying well there's goes the Heisman! :Rolleyes:

NW offense was ranked 121 out of 130 going into today! Didn't do themselves any favors although they did manage to out gain Wisky.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back