• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern Practice Week: 30 September Coach Frost

Frost appears to me to do more whining than actually getting tough or chewing butt. Watch the vid of Cristobal when that receiver got the taunting penalty after a 3rd and 15 catch and 1st down. Bet he never does that again. You don't need to be Pelini, but after BS like the multiple bad punts or OS penalties he could show a little more fire.

Watching from Cali he just looks like he'd rather be anywhere other than on the sidelines. His pressers are worse. Hopefully we see some improvement this weekend.
Coaches (that were great players) often forget, that their young charges don't understand the game at the same level they do. So they have to be taught.

this is a great quote from Chinander. Great coaches don't pigeonhole themselves into their system. They react to the situation at hand, and use their system to steady that situation. Chinander seems to understand that better than Frost right now.

this is a great quote from Chinander. Great coaches don't pigeonhole themselves into their system. They react to the situation at hand, and use their system to steady that situation. Chinander seems to understand that better than Frost right now.
Chinander ( If this defense continues to impress) should get a VERY hefty raise I could see a team with deep pockets try to steal him.

About that punt return...I don't see much mention of the glaring hold that was missed by the officials. On the replay a Spartan had a handful of shirt, I think it was Cerni's

To be fair, the rationale for having Frost quit his play-calling duties is so he could focus on areas of need. Thinkin Oline is where i'd start. But also, what position coach has more players and spots in the line up?

Is he not calling plays anymore?

Is he not calling plays anymore?
I thought that was discussed earlier in the year, that he'd hand off some of that. But i have no actual idea what play calling he does. What i do know is many called for him doing so.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back