• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern opens as an 8.5 favorite Update: Down to 3.5

If you put $1100 on NU at 8.5 and $1100 on NW at 3.5 you are guaranteed to win one of the bets. NW wins by 4,5,6,7, or 8 you win both bets. Risk $100 to win $2000. If we only knew about this spread drop before it happened.

Five point drop in two days. Do not see that often
Like last week, the line has dropped but this time it has gone from NW -8.5 at the open to NW -3.5 at present. Moving five full points is noteworthy when the move is from 22 to 17. Moving five points from 8.5 to 3.5 is an entirely different thing and far more significant.
Non-gamblers can state that this is all meaningless. As a seasoned gambler, I can assure you that it is NOT meaningless and it likely means that someway, somehow, Nebraska will finally eek out a victory and end the losing streak.

Just for history...We have NEVER lost to NW on the road...In fact we have beaten them there by an avg. score of 30-19 in the 3 times we've played them there..Of course it can also be said we have only won 1 HOME game against them in Lincoln but by a very much closer scoring of NU-26...NW-28....SO I'd take the points, whatever they are, and take NU to WIN !!!!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!

We were also 5-0 the last 5x we played on 9/29...until Purdue. I thought that stat alone would lock us for a win. Dammit!

Last edited:

Just for history...We have NEVER lost to NW on the road.
Also, concerning the bold, we have apparently never started a season in our history 0 - 6. We so need to not set another record of futility, as we have been doing for the past 18 years. I find the -3.5 interesting, as I have us winning by 3. Let the good times roll baby!!! GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited:
Good news is that the West probably won't be that much better next season. And we'll get our difficult games at home. Maybe this IS the right year to be terrible...
No doubt... with our schedule, it was a good year to make a change. Expectations are tempered and a few arse kickings actually can help you in the long run. I think the turn around in Lincoln will begin next year. Schedule sets up much better and we'll have a year under our belt with the new coaching staff.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back