• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern opens as an 8.5 favorite Update: Down to 3.5

down to 5.5 this morning Vegas knows something
Nit sure that it can be attributed this early but the fact it drops is usually due heavy betting on the underdig. Vegas doesn't want it lopsided one way or the other.

Last edited:

Nu picked a bad year to be terrible. The west is supremely winnable..."the class" of the west, Wisconsin, was certainly the better team but not by miles. Clean up all the dumb penalties and that game goes to the last possession. The rest of the west, including NW, is nothing special at all. Unfortunate.
Good news is that the West probably won't be that much better next season. And we'll get our difficult games at home. Maybe this IS the right year to be terrible...

I hope we are not just getting our hopes up! This team could really start using some wins.

I keep going back and forth on this one.
I definitely think we are making progress, NW isn't a dominant team, so I think we can certainly win this one.
Then I look at the fact that NW almost beat Michigan and did beat Purdue, both things that we weren't close to doing, so then I think I'm being too optimistic.
This year is driving me crazy!
(Patience buddy, just have patience.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back