• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northeast CC - Norfolk

joncarl

Nobody important
15 Year Member
I see that the baseball coach from Northeast is the Men's coach of the year for the world herald and that they went to the Junior College World Series in just their second year of playing. You guys on here talk about the juco connection and mention mostly Kansas, does anyone know if there is anyone on NE that is worth looking at?

They had a couple kids this season but they already signed with 4 year schools before the season began. Drew Smith (2B) from Elkorn, began career at Creighton, injured, transferred to Northeast & signed with Grand Canyon. He is the JUCO D2 POY in 2019. Extremely talented, can't believe GCU got him. He signed last November so maybe he didn't have the high level interest at the time.

Christian Dumont signed with Houston Baptist to play OF. Bryce Walker (C) signed with Northern Illinois. Another guy signed with a mid major D1, brain freeze on his name. They also had 3 or 4 D2 signees.

Northeast was heavy on sophomores in 2019, and I don't think their freshmen class projects as well. Coach Clapp did a hell of a job. For those that don't know, he was the UNK pitching coach.

Last edited:
They had a couple kids this season but they already signed with 4 year schools before the season began. Drew Smith (2B) from Elkorn, began career at Creighton, injured, transferred to Northeast & signed with Grand Canyon. He is the JUCO D2 POY in 2019. Extremely talented, can't believe GCU got him. He signed last November so maybe he didn't have the high level interest at the time.

Christian Dumont signed with Houston Baptist to play OF. Bryce Walker (C) signed with Northern Illinois. Another guy signed with a mid major D1, brain freeze on his name. They also had 3 or 4 D2 signees.

Northeast was heavy on sophomores in 2019, and I don't think their freshmen class projects as well. Coach Clapp did a hell of a job. For those that don't know, he was the UNK pitching coach.

Clapp is an outstanding coach.

It was shocking that Drew Smith didn't get drafted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back