• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nobody

Anyone seen this? Released last year.
I just watched it tonight.

Pretty good action. Story and backstories have similarities to 'The Equalizer' and 'RED'. Some scenes a little less believeable/serious, but overall funnier. I enjoyed it.

I watched it a while ago. I thought it was pretty good. Not sure that Bob Odenkirk was best suited for that role, but he made it work.

I watched it a while ago. I thought it was pretty good. Not sure that Bob Odenkirk was best suited for that role, but he made it work.
That was my first takeaway. His build is too scrawny to make his character/actions believable.

I just read he got the starring role because the movie was his idea and he was one of the producers. He got the idea after his family experienced a couple of real-life home invasions (one of them traumatic), and left him wishing he would have done more, and fantasized about what he would have done if he was a badass.

He actually trained for 2 years to prepare for the role.

Last edited:

That was my first takeaway. His build is too scrawny to make his character/actions believable.

I just read he got the starring role because the movie was his idea and he was one of the producers. He got the idea after his family experienced a couple of real-life home invasions (one of them traumatic), and left him wishing he would have done more, and fantasized about what he would have done if he was a badass.

He actually trained for 2 years to prepare for the role.
I didn't know the back story of it being his idea based on a real life experience. Makes sense, and I thought he actually pulled it off pretty well. I guess training for 2 years paid off.

I didn't know the back story of it being his idea based on a real life experience. Makes sense, and I thought he actually pulled it off pretty well. I guess training for 2 years paid off.
I don't know if he contributed to any of the actual writing for the movie, but the idea for it was definitely his.

He has a lot of writing credits. He was a writer for SNL during late 80s-early 90s.
He created the 'Matt Foley-Motivational Speaker' character for Chris Farley.

I don't know if he contributed to any of the actual writing for the movie, but the idea for it was definitely his.

He has a lot of writing credits. He was a writer for SNL during late 80s-early 90s.
I remember watching Mr Show with him and David Cross. That was my first introduction to Bob. I have enjoyed most of his work since then.

I didn't know that he wrote for SNL back when it was good.

I remember watching Mr Show with him and David Cross. That was my first introduction to Bob. I have enjoyed most of his work since then.

I didn't know that he wrote for SNL back when it was good.

I think my first introduction to him was one episode of Seinfeld (the 'Abstinence' episode)

Last edited:

A friend of mine (Heather Marion) was a writer for the final season for "Better call Sal" and says he is a really good guy. One of those guys that really got to know everyone on set, and treated everyone really well as he understood that even the "little guys" contributed to the overall success of the show.

Another takeaway:

I don't think Jester would fit in an A4 Skyhawk at TOPGUN anymore...

Looks like he's been spending his retirement in the galley
"Hee haw, Jester's fed!"
los-angeles-jun-8-michael-260nw-300798680.jpg

Good read.

Nobody was Odenkirk’s big shot at becoming an action star, and he didn’t intend to waste it. To prove it, he offered to show me an unreleased action short he wrote and starred in called Wish Me Luck, which he shot with a skeleton crew of friends and collaborators about eight months before Nobody was due to film. "Nobody’s seen it, Scott, and you can't show it to anyone," he told me.

I watched it. It’s awesome. I am very sorry that you can’t see it, and that I can’t describe it to you (though Odenkirk says he hopes to release it in some form, someday).

Last edited:

Watched on a plane ride. I liked it. I liked the fact that he gets beat up just as much as the guys he is taking on.

The Critical Drinker also liked it as a no nonsense meat and potatoes action movie.

I agree that Micheal Ironsides has gotten pretty fat over the last few years. He 71 years old though.

Last edited:

Watched on a plane ride. I liked it. I liked the fact that he gets beat up just as much as the guys he is taking on.

The Critical Drinker also liked it as a no nonsense meat and potatoes action movie.

I agree that Micheal Ironsides has gotten pretty fat over the last few years. He 71 years old though.

Ironsides is a great actor and has had a great career. He's entitled to get fat if he wants

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back