• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NO MORE POP UPS

Busker

Recruit
2 Year Member

Pop ups would be slightly more bearable if it was an actual ad, but this is a spammy pop up that you can’t get back to the site with ease.

There are sites of “ill repute” that have less annoying pop ups that are at least targeted advertising.

Last edited:

I’m getting hammered with this crap. I can’t scroll one page without it happening.

The popups are the big reason I use an adblocker. When I turn of my adblocker HM becomes un-useable. I don't want to use an adblocker because a number of sites I visit will block you totally if you use one.

Just an FYI for you @BigRedMax

@BigRedMax can we do something about this?

One way we can do this is to raise the minimum bid for advertisers which also reduces our income from less ads being served. I have asked our ad ops to increase it again. It is also helpful if you fill out the reporting form from the sticky in Technology Central. This has been a major frustration and a constant battle.

There are additional things you can do. Whenever you get one of these clean out your browser history. Also, Chrome is much better than Firefox as a browser when it comes to malware so I recommend using Chrome as your browser for HuskerMax.

The popups are the big reason I use an adblocker. When I turn of my adblocker HM becomes un-useable. I don't want to use an adblocker because a number of sites I visit will block you totally if you use one.

Just an FYI for you @BigRedMax
Expired mid August. Probably no renewal action because often when changing HM pages or different threads, unannounced pop-up message (forum). With or without adblock. And sometimes, no "Continue without supporting" option inside HM pop-up message. The only solution, exit FF session and re-enter. Frustrating !!

Goodbye (almost sure)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back