• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No more $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy...

They will get rid of the brass spittoon as it promotes tobacco use, the Paul Bunyan Axe as it promotes male violence, and the little brown jug as it promotes alcohol. We will be left with the incredibly lame HyVee Heroes trophy - contrived from the pc loving marketing departments.

So the Gophers lose a couple games in a row and then suddenly it no longer exists? Texas them, Ski U Mah my ass!!

... and I'm seriously worried bout Doc, word is he's distraught.... seriously.

Last edited:

Well, for like a minute.

All's well, now!

But, come on, UM and NU Admin! A game can only have a corporate-sponsored, antiseptic trophy?

Organic trophies are best.

The players should just continue to exchange it anyways... who needs administrators to validate anything? Chances are we're never gunna give it back anyways, but it was fun watching them anxiously anticipate it.

I wonder if that reporter is a responsible journalist or if this is a hoax. If he did talk to people from the athletic departments, he is supposed to quote them by name. Then it can be confirmed. This smells pretty fishy.

We need a giant social media petition to reinstate the trophy. Who says we cannot have fun with college football? Who the hell made this decision in the first place? It is better and more unique than most "trophy games." Someone needs to step up and lead us in a revolt. Are you in Max?

Last edited:

We need a giant social media petition to reinstate the trophy. Who says we cannot have fun with college football. Who the hell made this decision in the first place It is better and more unique than most "trophy games." Someone needs to step up and lead us in a revolt. Are you in Max?

I am definitely in. If this is true I am actually quite angry.

Last edited:
We need a giant social media petition to reinstate the trophy. Who says we cannot have fun with college football. Who the hell made this decision in the first place It is better and more unique than most "trophy games." Someone needs to step up and lead us in a revolt. Are you in Max?
You're absolutely right goal-line... it's not over until WE SAY IT'S OVER. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor... hell NO!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back