• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No games this weekend - New Mexico St

Well no games this week. Not a bid surprise but man this weather sucks.
thank you... I think!
weather's just bad all over
we have snow again here in poky today
Haven't had snow in about two and a half weeks

Last edited:
I don't understand why.

The weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's, sunny to mostly sunny, wind 8-16 mph from W to NNW.

Seems like decent weather for baseball.
hmm.gif

If it's for snow on the field, I would think all this rain will get rid of it.

Last edited:
I don't understand why.

The weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's, sunny to mostly sunny, wind 8-16 mph from W to NNW.

Seems like decent weather for baseball.
hmm.gif

If it's for snow on the field, I would think all this rain will get rid of it.
Rain cancels baseball too.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will all be dry in Lincoln. Sunny as well. A bit chilly but not bad with the sun out. Sunday will top 50 degrees.

Interesting cancellation. Maybe with concerns of residual flooding issues. Just guessing.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will all be dry in Lincoln. Sunny as well. A bit chilly but not bad with the sun out. Sunday will top 50 degrees.

Interesting cancellation. Maybe with concerns of residual flooding issues. Just guessing.
I know a guy in the Nebraska grounds crew. It’s not even close to ready and getting wetter by the hour. Melting the snow with the rain is compounding the problem. They were looking into neutral sites but couldn’t swing it.

NMST offense leads the nation at 13.9 runs/gm
They scored 98 runs their first four games against Texas Southern, then 48 in 4 games against Yale, 54 in 4 games against Delaware. They basically played 4 teams worse than UC-Riverside. Our only common opponent was Texas Tech, who they got shutout by and lost 7-0. We were looking forward to this one.

Rain cancels baseball too.

Wusses. :Lol:

I know a guy in the Nebraska grounds crew. It’s not even close to ready and getting wetter by the hour. Melting the snow with the rain is compounding the problem. They were looking into neutral sites but couldn’t swing it.

After I posted I got busy with other things and didn't make it back at the time. I got to thinking though, that the rain & melting snow might create a problem.

Bummer. I was looking for some HUSKER baseball.

Wusses. :Lol:

After I posted I got busy with other things and didn't make it back at the time. I got to thinking though, that the rain & melting snow might create a problem.

Bummer. I was looking for some HUSKER baseball.
Lol. No worries. They are actually talking to Omaha Westside about playing the game there against Air Force on Tuesday because they aren’t sure Haymarket will be ready.

Lol. No worries. They are actually talking to Omaha Westside about playing the game there against Air Force on Tuesday because they aren’t sure Haymarket will be ready.
Zach Argo from Norris has actually had some appearances for Air Force on the bump. Would be cool for him to come back home and get an appearance.

Guess, they didn't want to take a chance, what with NM ST having to travel. Oh, well! :(

They scored 98 runs their first four games against Texas Southern, then 48 in 4 games against Yale, 54 in 4 games against Delaware. They basically played 4 teams worse than UC-Riverside. Our only common opponent was Texas Tech, who they got shutout by and lost 7-0. We were looking forward to this one.
Guess, they were playing garbage, at first!! :Rolf:

Guess, they didn't want to take a chance, what with NM ST having to travel. Oh, well! :(

It's understandable, though.

Nebraska, as a state, is currently experiencing the most widespread devastation in generations. Seems like every day another dam breaks or bridge is washed out. It will be a long, slow recovery.

Yes, it was sunny and 55 in Lincoln today -- and it's been dry for a couple of days now. But I'm sure Haymarket Park is nothing short of a soggy mess. I don't think it had anything to do with NMSU being able to travel to or from Lincoln. It's just that the field isn't playable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back