• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No football

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
You heard it here first. They are setting it up for failure with all the restrictions. 3 week quarantine instead of 2 weeks. Requirements that if over 5% test positive the whole team shuts down. Testing doesn't start right away with hopes of starting the clock on the positives. They are waiting till 3 weeks before so that the players on the backside have a full 3 more weeks. They do not want this to happen.

Take off the tinfoil

I don't doubt this one bit! The restrictions set this up to be a failure. They even say they are going above and beyond other conferences. Doing it this way, allows everyone to save face, but also be able to say told you so when it does fail. I would bet we don't get past 4 games! If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it.

You heard it here first. They are setting it up for failure with all the restrictions. 3 week quarantine instead of 2 weeks. Requirements that if over 5% test positive the whole team shuts down. Testing doesn't start right away with hopes of starting the clock on the positives. They are waiting till 3 weeks before so that the players on the backside have a full 3 more weeks. They do not want this to happen.
Just another example of the poor leadership occurring. Even if things go well, and the majority of games are played, they still set things up for failure. The 21 days is absolutely ridiculous. Now the b1g knows better then the CDC on quarantining?! GTFOOH

It would certainly seem like they are looking for reasons to shut down play as opposed to finding ways to make it work. 5% would be 6 players on a team. That's nothing. So the whole team shuts down? If a player sits for 3 weeks, does the entire team sit for 3 weeks if the 6 player threshold is met? They will not have any teams to play this year. And the P3 will clown them all the way. What a complete joke.

Just makes it all the more imperative to keep the proper controls in place (internal to the team). Basically keep them in a bubble.

I'm hoping everyone on the team has the option for remote classes, so they're not mingling with the general population.

geez call the whaaaaaaaaambulance

I don't think it's whining to say the policies put in place by the Big 10 for this season are overly strict and likely to result in many cancellations. Considering the way the last month has gone, the general impression is the leadership of this conference isn't enamored with playing football. I hope everything goes off without a hitch, but man, that's gonna be really hard.

I don't think you are wrong in saying we are being set up to fail, which is why I said in another thread it is up to the players now. Be careful, wear a mask, wash hands, sanitize do all the stuff you are supposed to and let's get through this.

It would certainly seem like they are looking for reasons to shut down play as opposed to finding ways to make it work. 5% would be 6 players on a team. That's nothing. So the whole team shuts down? If a player sits for 3 weeks, does the entire team sit for 3 weeks if the 6 player threshold is met? They will not have any teams to play this year. And the P3 will clown them all the way. What a complete joke.
Were it better position percentage wise since we have so many walk on's. What's our roster, like 145?

Just watch...the 'other teams' walk on programs will explode. Those walk-ons will be stuck in a bubble with hookers, blow, and Play-stations and fed gourmet food daily with no outside contact for 10 weeks.

(I'm kidding....sort of)

Last edited:

My one question - why would the Big 10 want this to fail? Save face, sure. But they also realize that playing is the only way the programs can receive tens of millions of dollars in revenue. Are the controls strict? Yes - but they do not want this to fail.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back