• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No football

My one question - why would the Big 10 want this to fail? Save face, sure. But they also realize that playing is the only way the programs can receive tens of millions of dollars in revenue. Are the controls strict? Yes - but they do not want this to fail.

I don't think they want to fail, but they are being so restrictive to cover their ass. They are still thinking like a bunch of lawyers. A 5% test positive is extremely low. Three weeks quarantine is above and beyond what the CDC recommends.

I think it can work. I think it is up to the players to make it work. Being this strict is probably to appease the schools that didn't want to play.

I don't think they want to fail, but they are being so restrictive to cover their ass. They are still thinking like a bunch of lawyers. A 5% test positive is extremely low. Three weeks quarantine is above and beyond what the CDC recommends.

I think it can work. I think it is up to the players to make it work. Being this strict is probably to appease the schools that didn't want to play.
The bolded part is what I don't like. Our ability to play a game is dependent on how the kids behave at other schools like Rutgers.

I'm not really worried about our team with the staff we have.

Last edited:
I suppose the best thing is to have a situation like LSU.
LSU football coach Ed Orgeron said Tuesday that most of his team has contracted COVID-19.

"Not all of our players, but most of our players have caught it," Orgeron told reporters. "I think that hopefully they won't catch it again, and hopefully they're not out for games.

I believe Nebraska will do everything to make it work but I have grave doubts about several of our opponents.

This is a great opportunity to cheat the system and "accidentally" misreport data. No consequences or punishment for such a mistake would come until after the season, and those consequences would likely be less damaging than having to forfeit a game.

I may not be in agreement with the sentiment of "no football", but the stringent standards will make it nearly impossible for most B1G teams to complete an eight game season in eight straight weeks...that is for sure.
I would take any games ..... would you be happy with 7?, how bout 6, 5?, man I would be thrilled with as few as 4. Cause we would still be practicing, getting reps (granted some may not be against competition In the case of cancellations) but reps nevertheless, AND COACHING!!! the offensive players have only been coached up by the coordinator for two spring practices and whatever they have been allowed since late July.

Last edited:

The bolded part is what I don't like. Our ability to play a game is dependent on how the kids behave at other schools like Rutgers.

I'm not really worried about our team with the staff we have.

There will be a massive amount of pressure on the players to “act right” and not put themselves or teammates in a position to be infected. We’ve seen that already early on.

I feel we are in a VERY good position as a program to avoid problems, but these are college kids. I know I wouldn’t be as careful or compliant if I was 21 again...

Were it better position percentage wise since we have so many walk on's. What's our roster, like 145?

Just watch...the 'other teams' walk on programs will explode. Those walk-ons will be stuck in a bubble with hookers, blow, and Play-stations and fed gourmet food daily with no outside contact for 10 weeks.

(I'm kidding....sort of)
I don't know, having so many walk-ons could prove to be a problem. A walk-on with little to no chance of playing may be less likely than a starter to rigorously follow all strict guidelines, restrictions and regulations throughout the season.

Last edited:
It would certainly seem like they are looking for reasons to shut down play as opposed to finding ways to make it work. 5% would be 6 players on a team. That's nothing. So the whole team shuts down? If a player sits for 3 weeks, does the entire team sit for 3 weeks if the 6 player threshold is met? They will not have any teams to play this year. And the P3 will clown them all the way. What a complete joke.
My first thought after reading this was this was an advantage for us. With the walk on program, easy to manipulate the roster. If you are a walk on and get Covid, you are off the team until winter conditioning. If you have a schollie and get Covid, no worries, have 75 walk ons to keep the % down. Ok great, so WE can play but what if our opponent can’t?

This seems likely to keep the number of games down. We’ll be lucky to get 6 in.

So if the Huskers are ready to play and our opponent isn't because of Covid what exactly happens? Is it a forfeit or simply a canceled game? There's no room for make up games so really both teams are eliminated from a chance at making the CCG? It's almost impossible to think with 14 teams playing there won't be canceled games. Nebraska would simply play as many games as possible which at this point in time is anyones guess. This is some crazy stuff but at least we have a chance to play some football this year.

I completely disagree with having a player out for 21 days if testing positive which is more then double CDC guidelines.

Last edited:

So if the Huskers are ready to play and our opponent isn't because of Covid what exactly happens? Is it a forfeit or simply a canceled game? There's no room for make up games so really both teams are eliminated from a chance at making the CCG? It's almost impossible to think with 14 teams playing there won't be canceled games. Nebraska would simply play as many games as possible which at this point in time is anyones guess. This is some crazy stuff but at least we have a chance to play some football this year.

I completely disagree with having a player out for 21 days if testing positive which is more then double CDC guidelines.
First I thought it wouldn't matter if there's a forfeit or not, but they may need to count it as such to determine the division winners for CCG game. Other wise would a 6-0 team get in ahead of a 7-1 team?

First I thought it wouldn't matter if there's a forfeit or not, but they may need to count it as such to determine the division winners for CCG game. Other wise would a 6-0 team get in ahead of a 7-1 team?
Yea... seems like you'd have to count a forfeit in the win column? That will be interesting to see how that's handled. Not fair that a team that has to cancel screws up the opponent. Just hope the Huskers aren't one of the teams that's forced to cancel for covid!

I suspect the CFP formula will dictate who gets into the championship game. Records won't matter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back