• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

Some head scratchers for sure. Ron Brown moving to a new role. Why? I love the man, but maybe he’s too old school for snowflakes coming in? Or do they need to improve relations with area coaches? I thought the forever safety turned recruiting guy (can’t recall his name - from the STL area) had that covered? Maybe he just wants to ramp down as he is at retirement age?

Scott Frost has forgotten more football than I know, but McCaffrey having a great future at QB? Just not seeing it.

There are plenty of reasons both for optimism as well as pessimism but man, after 3 losing changes and more of the same, I’m concerned.

There are plenty of reasons both for optimism as well as pessimism but man, after 3 losing changes and more of the same, I’m concerned.

If this were year one or year two we could give the staff the benefit of the doubt, and we have, but after what has happened the last three years and then just the developments in the last month my frustration is starting to boil over.

If this were year one or year two we could give the staff the benefit of the doubt, and we have, but after what has happened the last three years and then just the developments in the last month my frustration is starting to boil over.
Hey it’s all good, if your frost, He collects his $5M, his allegiance to coaching friends and AM remain in tact and unchallenged.
His big action is to change a f analyst

all I see is 6 or less wins next and if so he needs to move on

I just do not want to hear any excuses next year from HCSF or Staff they have made their bed for 3 now 4 years. This group of coaches for the most part has been together going on 6 years. Next years Schedule is tough but with almost our whole defense returning and being fifth or even sixth year senior's and a 4 year starting QB it's time to Put up or Shut up

Last edited:

I respect both of your opinions and generally enjoy your comments. I even usually agree. If this young offensive line can develop I think we will be ok. Along with a better defense. I see reason for hope! I do agree that we need the Quarterback to be more consistent.
Hope is all we got right now brother

I continue to think that either this staff can make the changes or whole turnover is needed. One or two position coaches weren't the issue.

Not sure if I am in the minority or majority on this, but I am glad this is the direction. Not because every position coach we have is perfect, but rather I think the football team is a bit like a boulder rolling down hill. They started the trajectory already and you can't really change the direction much once it is going. Just small tweaks and I think those are most likely with consistency than with a coaching staff change.

OK, what similar approach, fire the coach repeatedly? I say stay the course, the team bought in and so did the recruits coming in, especially early.
Now, special teams approach? agreed there. thinking that must be changed.
Why of course, keep firing those coaches, it will change some day.
My moneys on the coaches, not the fans.
The coaches opinions,not the fans.

Matter of fact, I do want change
Hold onto the coaches

"In an hour-long conversation Friday with The World-Herald, NU coach Scott Frost said he is “absolutely” planning to continue with his same 10 on-field assistant coaches. Contract extensions are forthcoming for men he’s seen do a “great job” in recruiting and developing players during their time together in Lincoln"
The proof is in the pudding as they say.
I agree with the recruiting part of it. The staff does do a really good job of recruiting especially considering the terrible record. But development? :rolleyes:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back