• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No Agreement on CFP Expansion

The SEC should always have at least half of the field in the CFP, even if they expand to 8 teams, the SEC should always have half. :cool:
:Rolleyes:

Time to get back to the roots of college football with NIl and the portal snd coaches going to greener pastures and bright colored uniforms and chrome helmets

Keep the cheerleaders though… they are fantastic

The SEC should always have at least half of the field in the CFP, even if they expand to 8 teams, the SEC should always have half. :cool:
:Rolleyes:
Just might ATM has number one recruiting class and watching that game.. they got some players coming on board

Well, we now know the culprit. Reminds me of a quote from Spicoli.

Phillips did have this to say.
He added that “in Year 13 (2026), we'll have a new model, I'm sure,”

Which lines up with the ending of the current TV contract with ESPN.

Even if true, I'm not supposed to have to wait until January to see which SEC team is the best. I sat for hours in December watching the SEC Championship game for that very reason.
The SEC will dominate for decades by adding Oklahoma and Texas.
Best athletes ,Best coaches ,Best fans,
And last but not least best media coverage.

Last edited:
You may be right but how utterly dreadful….

And boring…

And stupid..

SEC represents approx 1/10th of FBS nation wide…and the overall TV audience is small when you take national appeal into consideration.

By keeping the current playoff system at four teams you guarantee a much smaller audience and much smaller participation….and a much smaller interest level in a contest that has become more “regionalized.”

The logic of it just escapes me. Give more teams a chance. Who knows what will happen!

And the money making opportunities for many more schools just abound. Not to mention the increased interest in amount of “meaningful” games for television advertisers and revenue……and fans!

With the amount of money that can be made I’m just astounded that this hasn’t happened already.

And if the last two teams are pretty much always SEC, honestly who cares.

The championship game will wind up a regional market and once again draw even lower media shares.

But up to that point, the participation, the excitement, the opportunity, the money!

Last edited:
You may be right but how utterly dreadful….

And boring…

And stupid..

SEC represents approx 1/10th of FBS nation wide…and the overall TV audience is small when you take national appeal into consideration.

By keeping the current playoff system at four teams you guarantee a much smaller audience and much smaller participation….and a much smaller interest level in a contest that has become more “regionalized.”

The logic of it just escapes me. Give more teams a chance. Who knows what will happen!

And the money making opportunities for many more schools just abound. Not to mention the increased interest in amount of “meaningful” games for television advertisers and revenue……and fans!

With the amount of money that can be made I’m just astounded that this hasn’t happened already.

And if the last two teams are pretty much always SEC, honestly who cares.

The championship game will wind up a regional market and once again draw even lower media shares.

But up to that point, the participation, the excitement, the opportunity, the money!
Pal It will happen and the SEC will still have half of the teams in it.

Last edited:
Pal It will happen and the SEC will still have half of the teams in it.
Does it matter….Waaaay better than what we have now….

And I doubt they have half the teams out of 16. The final four might wind up a bit unbalanced but at that point, the playoffs will have served a better purpose.

Does it matter….Waaaay better than what we have now….

And I doubt they have half the teams out of 16. The final four might wind up a bit unbalanced but at that point, the playoffs will have served a better purpose.
Half of 8 team playoff for sure

Half of 8 team playoff for sure
possibly…if they go to 16…and the first round gives you that.

But if they just expand to eight it would never happen. Regardless if four teams from the SEC were considered the “best.”

Politics…..

I’m thinking the most the SEC would get into an 8 team playoff is 3…schmaybe… and a 16 team field would be be four.

again politics and it would have nothing to do wether a couple other teams in the SEC we’re considered “powerful.”

You can make a case they already have dominated the last decade and a half. I live in the South and understand what football means to this section of the country. There are few other places in the nation that care about football at the level the South does, Nebraska being one of the few exceptions.

I do think the SEC as a whole is overrated. You have a few schools that are dominant forces in the landscape of college football, but your middle to lower tier SEC teams aren't all that great. OU and Texas (if they get their act together) could rise to the level of Georgia, Alabama, LSU. You still have teams like Florida and A&M that could creep their way into the conversation as dominant programs. Beyond that, you are looking at teams that are going to be more one year wonders.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back