• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No Agreement on CFP Expansion

Pal they slaughtered the #3 and #4 teams when it counted!
AGAIN what 4 teams would you have picked?
Baylor would be the replacement for Georgia. The other three were right. Baylor did everything right and got left out, not that the result would have been different but at least they would have gotten a legitimate shot.

Everyone knew Michigan would need a miracle, they just didn't have the offense this season, heck we almost beat them. I really thought Cincinnati would look better. I hadn't watched them too much in the regular season but had enough skill players along with solid coaching to do better than they showed.

Hurts to even type this but Notre Dame could have been in the conversation too, although they need to join a conference before I would give them any advantage for a playoff berth.

Ohio State would be out for the same reason Georgia should have been, lost their conference championship. They probably were a better team than Michigan but on the filed results do and should matter.

Baylor would be the replacement for Georgia. The other three were right. Baylor did everything right and got left out, not that the result would have been different but at least they would have gotten a legitimate shot.

Everyone knew Michigan would need a miracle, they just didn't have the offense this season, heck we almost beat them. I really thought Cincinnati would look better. I hadn't watched them too much in the regular season but had enough skill players along with solid coaching to do better than they showed.

Hurts to even type this but Notre Dame could have been in the conversation too, although they need to join a conference before I would give them any advantage for a playoff berth.

Ohio State would be out for the same reason Georgia should have been, lost their conference championship. They probably were a better team than Michigan but on the filed results do and should matter.
Ok pal that makes sense. No way I leave Ga out though.

Ok pal that makes sense. No way I leave Ga out though.
Had GA beat AL in the regular season I am in agreement. Just like Ohio State vs Michigan, I think GA was a better team on paper than AL. My opinion, stated multiple times in this thread, is that what happens in the real games matters and should have real consequences in teams making the playoffs with such a small field.

Rankings and eye tests are subjective, results are real.

Had GA beat AL in the regular season I am in agreement. Just like Ohio State vs Michigan, I think GA was a better team on paper than AL. My opinion, stated multiple times in this thread, is that what happens in the real games matters and should have real consequences in teams making the playoffs with such a small field.

Rankings and eye tests are subjective, results are real.
What’s real is the betting lines. Ga was the best like it or not.Vegas knows best pal.

Last edited:

SEC had the two BEST teams pal.
You must not like watching championship football.
Even if true, I'm not supposed to have to wait until January to see which SEC team is the best. I sat for hours in December watching the SEC Championship game for that very reason.

Just for fun, try making a comment about a nearby school and their football team. Iowa State for instance, and you'll be greeted by three responses.
1. Massive indifference and lack of interest.
2. A series of proud posts tinged with hostility, saying I don't watch them.
3. A couple of responses making it sound like they watch the team but so far off the mark that they reveal they have never seen the team play since the 70's.

Nebraksa fans watch Nebraska.
Yeesh! If you are judging how much I watch college football by the number of Iowa State games I watch, I do a pretty lousy job keeping up with it.

I get your overall point. It does surprise me when people ONLY watch their own team, just because I like to lock in to at least a few games each Saturday. I'd say 95-99% is too steep a number that ONLY watch Nebraska. But, you are probably right in stating that most aren't knowledgeable about the rest of college football.

You shouldn't get a shot at the national title if you can't even win your conference.

Man I just can’t agree. Alabama and Georgia look bigger, faster, and more physical than Ohio St. Every once in awhile Ohio St can compete but not year in and year out. Take the top ten SEC teams and top ten BIG ten teams. Write them down and compare. The depth and strength of the SEC is superior to the BIG.
I did what you said and the PAC 12 came out better

I watched the 92 Super Bowl this morning and they looked bigger meaner than teams of today … by a lot

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back