• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No. 1 national recruit Skyler Pierce is N

Scott Frost/Mickey Joseph/Bill Busch…

depositphotos_481454324-stock-photo-now-your-turn-symbol-wooden.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

"Another year of high school recruiting for the Nebraska volleyball program has started off with a bang.
The Huskers this weekend received a commitment from outside hitter Skyler Pierce, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to one recruiting service.
The 6-foot-2 Lenexa, Kansas, native committed just four days after college coaches were allowed to start making recruiting phone calls to the 2024 recruiting class.
Pierce attends Olathe Northwest, where she’ll be a junior this fall and also plays basketball.
She’s ranked No. 1 in the nation by Prep Dig. In the Prepvolleyball.com rankings, Pierce is ninth.

Her club program, Dynasty, has several top-30 recruits in the 2024 class and won a national championship last summer. Later this summer, Pierce has been selected to a tryout camp with the United States junior national team.
Nebraska’s five-time national championship program has had success recruiting most of the country. But this is another example of when the Huskers benefited from being located in a neighboring state to one of the top players in the country, just like was the case with current and past players from Iowa (Nancy Metcalf, Mikaela Foecke, Madi Kubik and Hayden Kubik)."

:thumbsup::Banana:

Good interview. She seems like a nice kid. I haven't seen her play, but I assume she is a great player due to all the hype. The one thing that kept running through my mind as I watched this interview was that she needs to spend some quality time in the weight room and the training table. She could probably benefit from adding 10-15 pounds of lean muscle mass.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back