• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NL MVP Ryan Braun wins appeal

From what I have read so far about this, Braun only won his appeal based upon a severly broken 'chain of evidence' - His sample apparently sat in some couriers refrigerator over the weekend instead of being taken to FEDEX for immediate delivery to the testing lab.

A strong argument on his side I would say.

This whole matter was handled so poorly - to the point that none of us should have even known about his case. Interestingly the 'leak' of the story may have come from the Braun 'camp' - this was suggested by Byrnes on MLB this afternoon - no substantiation just his belief based on things he had "heard".

honestly he tested positive due to his herpes meds, i am not a herpes meds expert but I cant imagine they enhanced his performance.....on the field

MLB would do well to shut-up and let this one die a natural death. MLB bungled it from start to finish.
The story was leaked to the press against all agreements to not do that.
The chain of control was handled very poorly. If Selig is searching for a person to blame, he needs only to look into a mirror.
It's time to put this one behind us and get ready for the season.

We all know who the REAL NL MVP is MATT KEMP!!!!
No ... Braun had as good of numbers playing with another MVP candidate while leading his team to the PLAYOFFS. After all the goal is to win ... not to put up the best individual numbers.

Interestingly the 'leak' of the story may have come from the Braun 'camp' - this was suggested by Byrnes on MLB this afternoon - no substantiation just his belief based on things he had "heard".

Why would Braun leak this story? It only taints him in a negative light. The court of public opinion had no bearing on this case and certainly did not affect the outcome. Now Braun has to live with the notion that he is a possible PED user. It taints his MVP, it taints his career and a possible HOF nomination down the road (if his career continues as it has). It is a silly and ludicrious statement to make.

the whole process was a sham from the get-go. the chain of custody should have been better implemented.

Why would Braun leak this story? It only taints him in a negative light. The court of public opinion had no bearing on this case and certainly did not affect the outcome. Now Braun has to live with the notion that he is a possible PED user. It taints his MVP, it taints his career and a possible HOF nomination down the road (if his career continues as it has). It is a silly and ludicrious statement to make.

I concur....I have been trying to figure out why anyone in this matter....MLB - Union - Braun would leak this story. More likely than not it was probably a friend of a friend or ???

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back