• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NIL and the homegrown Walkon

Oldgrappler

Recruit
2 Year Member
NIL will help walkon recruiting. I was thinking that if UNL has classes and support for their athlete, it would be great for the Nebraska walk on athletes, To take advantage of the local areas they come from. In most cases the small town player is semi Revered and most certainly could capitalize on this. Now a walkon might be able to not receive a scholarship but still put together a deal that pays his way. Just a thought.

NIL will help walkon recruiting. I was thinking that if UNL has classes and support for their athlete, it would be great for the Nebraska walk on athletes, To take advantage of the local areas they come from. In most cases the small town player is semi Revered and most certainly could capitalize on this. Now a walkon might be able to not receive a scholarship but still put together a deal that pays his way. Just a thought.
The fabled "county scholarships" could be legal -- Mt. Edna Real Estate sponsors Wyatt Liewer! Thanks Bill Gates!

Welcome to the board!

I’d love to see the farm equipment people and Nebraska farming businesses use the walk ons( especially the ones who’ve worked on farms) be the face of Nebraska agriculture.
This could be a big thing. Perhaps Wyatt Liewer couldn't afford to walk on at UNL, but one of the area seed corn dealers could sponsor him, put him on mailers with a quote "I wouldn't have been able live my Husker dreams and represent O'Neil on the biggest stage without the support of Don Juan's Pioneer Seeds and Services". The sponsorship may not cover the cost of attendance, but it'd defray it, and if Don got a farmer or two to switch it'd be a good ROI for the outfit.

Nebraska Beef Counsel, Farm Bureau, Lindsay Irrigation, Green Line Equipment....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back