• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nick Saben vs Gundy what a crock, btw Pinkel your a SEC homer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a plane crashed K-I-L-L-E-D 2 of their colleagues. I'd have a hell of a time focusing on anything after that. You seem to not take this into consideration.

Okie lites loss is bad , compared to bamas loss !!!! Win out and you dont have to worry.

after a plane crashed K-I-L-L-E-D 2 of their colleagues. I'd have a hell of a time focusing on anything after that. You seem to not take this into consideration.

Highly doubt that women's basketball has any meaningful connection to football at an athletic department the size of Okie St. Coaches may have had a connection, but not players. Don't see any relevance here.

So Okie State jumped out to a 24-7 lead and then all of a sudden lost their focus because of this? This story would have a lot more credence if they came out distracted.

I don't mean to be insensitive. That was a real tragedy but I don't think the football players spent a lot of time getting to know the women's basketball coaches.

I don't hear the most ardent Oklahoma State fans using this as an excuse. I think they deserve to be #2 but i just do not believe it has anything to do with those tragic events. That's really taking away from what Iowa State was able to accomplish.

Everyone has to assume that when someone's opinion isn't right in line with conventional wisdom that they must have sinister motives. I'm not that cynical. Just because you don't agree with the case that can be made that Stanford should be ranked ahead of Okie State (I don't agree myself) means that it's a completely terrible argument.

So Okie State jumped out to a 24-7 lead and then all of a sudden lost their focus because of this? This story would have a lot more credence if they came out distracted.

I don't mean to be insensitive. That was a real tragedy but I don't think the football players spent a lot of time getting to know the women's basketball coaches.

I don't hear the most ardent Oklahoma State fans using this as an excuse. I think they deserve to be #2 but i just do not believe it has anything to do with those tragic events. That's really taking away from what Iowa State was able to accomplish.

Everyone has to assume that when someone's opinion isn't right in line with conventional wisdom that they must have sinister motives. I'm not that cynical. Just because you don't agree with the case that can be made that Stanford should be ranked ahead of Okie State (I don't agree myself) means that it's a completely terrible argument.

Spot on.

Right on!The BCS got it right! Poor Gundy, your team should of beaten Iowa State!

So voting for Okie State as #4 and Stanford as #3 is a major disrespecting, and not an honest assessment? What about the AFA coach who put OSU at #5? Oh behind Stanford and Arkansas...

BTW, neither Mack Brown or Mike Gundy vote.

That is a good post.

If I had a vote, I would have voted OSU ahead of Stanford (and ahead of Bama), because they won their strong major conference with the same overall record as Stanford and Bama had, who did not win their conferences. But despite my opinion on that, it would be easy for an argument that favors Stanford over OSU to be made, as you said. Stanford has only lost to one team over the last two seasons and that team is Oregon, who just is not a good matchup for Stanford. The game among the top level teams often comes down to matchups. How else does one explain why Stanford beat USC in the L.A. Coliseum, but Oregon lost to the same USC team at Autzen in Eugene? No one else has proven that they can beat Stanford. OSU, on the other hand, has lost to multiple teams over that same period. Stanford has a prolific offense, as does OSU. Stanford's is a ground oriented, pro style offense that eats clock, so they don't score as many points per game as OSU, but their offense may be just as efficient. If/when OSU plays Stanford, Stanford's offense will eat enough clock to not allow OSU to score its usual number of points. But on the defensive side of the ball, Stanford's team has better numbers and ratings than does OSU's. For example, Stanford's run defense is at or near the top five in the country.

Again, before the angry portion of the crowd on here goes bezerk, that is just me playing the role of making a case to vote Stanford ahead of OSU. An equally strong case could be made back in favor of OSU, certainly.

I still think it would have been better form for Saban to vote OSU No. 3, even if the case for Stanford could be made. He has not ever been a man I admire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back