• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nick Nurse NBA Champion

RedinIowa

All Bus Team
10 Year Member
I know this is a stretch for the forum, but I have to crow. Nick Nurse is from my town of Carroll Iowa and the coach of the NBA champions Raptors. Nick was a bench coach for McDermott at ISU before he left to Creighton. Nurse was then considered for the Cyclone job that went to Hoiberg. I am very happy how a Carroll kid is now a NBA champ and Fred is our coach. It is amazing how fate works.

Also, his top assistant is Nate Bjorkgren. He is originally from Storm Lake, IA. He went to USD for college. I was very happy for him, as he is truly a nice guy! When he was on the Suns staff my son and I sat with him for a couple summer league games. He was great telling my son what he was watching for in other teams.

Good thread -- and very worthy of this forum. It's for any and all discussion of basketball.

Nurse did an outstanding coaching job -- and was a flat-out better coach in the series than Kerr.

I found it bittersweet. Granted, I enjoyed seeing the end of the Golden State dynasty, but ...

It was a bit painful seeing what could have and should have been for the Spurs. Kawhi is a stud. I said a couple years ago that he was the best player in the NBA. He had blossomed into an offensive force, while playing elite defense. There has long been a belief (with history to back it up) that an NBA team needed multiple superstars to win a championship. Kawhi Leonard (coming with Nurse's coaching) dispelled that belief.

While I do like the Spurs, my number one team is Philly. And the Sixers came within one three bounce and in shot at the buzzer in game seven against Toronto. I suppose that gives me faith that the Sixers are really, really close.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back