• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nick Gates career ending injury?

Not as graphic as Joe Theisman's break, IMO.

Still incredibly serious for a former Husker.

Thoughts and prayers to him. Forget recovering to play football…hope he can recover to live a normal life physically without too many issues as he ages.

Last edited:
Still incredibly serious for a former Husker.

Thoughts and prayers to him. Forget recovering to play football…hope he can recover to live a normal life physically without too many issues as he ages.
Its incredibly serious for anyone, regardless if they are a former husker or not.

To be clear, I wasn't referring to the injury per se, but rather just the *video* of the injury: blurry, obstructed, etc....not a clear view like Joes. Okay to watch, even for easily squeamish.

IMO the seriousness of the injury is worse than Joes. Nate is a much bigger guy and will put more stress on it than a QB.

And like you said, football is secondary. I hope he regains full functionality and doesn't struggle with issues with it the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Terrible to see this....as Nick really matured and became a leader quickly at the next level. Nauseating

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back