• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nice story from the front page outlining NU's struggles in the B1G

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member

I agree with every thing he outlined. Stability has been our biggest nemesis. It's a good read & definitely not a hit piece.

The article was thoughtful and well written….

The points hurt….and I winced several times reading the article…but were simply true….

Hard to argue with facts.

And I really liked how Rittenhouse ended the article on an upbeat note from the greatest coach in Nebraska history.

I think leaving the Big 12 was disastrous for our football program. Lack of Texas recruiting. The elephant in the room that everyone poo poo’d off when changing conferences.

OF COURSE it was the right move. :Banghead:

The article is another gut punch based on some good research. Hopefully, Nebraska can make some strides this season on the field.

For example the conference change was great for volleyball because that program stepped up to the challenge of playing against better competition while enhancing their recruiting.

However…football hasn’t been able to figure out the right formula yet.

Last edited:

Enjoyable read, I don't know that it broke a lot of new ground as much as it put the whole timeline together with some perspective on how things look from the outside.

One thing I'd say is Harvey Perlman should've been commented on as a source of a lot of these problems, instead of doing the commenting.

I caught that too….

Good take….

Perlman commenting on Nebraska’s problems it’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Makes the writer look a little out of touch with Harvey Perlman’s role with some athletic decisions. Other than that it was a good article and I enjoy Rittenberg’s work.

Last edited:
Makes the writer look a little out of touch with Harvey Perlman’s role with some athletic decisions. Other than that it was a good article and I enjoy Rittenberg’s work.
Yeah, that's part of why I take a lot of these outsider pieces with a grain of salt - they can show you the perception from afar, but often miss the important nuance & subtleties that you get if you're familiar with the players/parts of the story that don't make the headlines.

Agree with feeling the "wincing" and "stinging" along the read. We've been on a long dusty trail. Can't believe it's been 10 years in the Big 10 now.

i have read a few articles like this one - not sure the ex-assistant coaches he referenced - but I’m pretty sure we can out recruit Michigan State every day of the week. No doubt, our blunders in football have hurt. That’s a given. But I find it ironic that a former assistant dishes us with regard to no championship trophies when he was one of those responsible!

Kicking someone or something thing when they are down takes less effort - you don’t have to lift your foot as high. I can’t help but think all this negativity hurts the program on many levels, especially recruiting, which is already suffering. Not sure the program can withstand another subpar season without some huge changes.

As Al used to say: “Just win baby!” That cures or at least hides most ills.

GBR

I agree with every thing he outlined. Stability has been our biggest nemesis. It's a good read & definitely not a hit piece.

It was a good article, largely accurate and like you'd mentioned not a hit piece at all.....buuuuuutttt....I guess talking about us not being good year after year after year is getting old to me. That's not Adam's fault, but I'd like to see a piece heading into NEXT fall about Nebraska's resurgence that started in the fall of 2021.

Not a bad article but take issue with some of his comments regarding NU and the BIG. Sounds like he's saying Huskers should simply SHUTUP and OBEY. I call BS because without NU (including parents) starting the rebellion against the BIG's moronic and gutless covid decision there wouldn't have been a football season! Sounds like the Huskers are supposed to be Big 10 BOOT LICKERS like so many teams in the conference. Thanks but no thanks!

Nebraska has made plenty of mistakes the past 20 years and it's cost the program big time. Having said that I'm tired of reading and hearing how lousy the team is year after year. Many here don't believe Huskers are about to turn the corner this season but I'm not one of those. We're going to surprise the college football experts and many of our own fans with a good season imo. I firmly believe HCSF will get it done this season.

Not a bad article but take issue with some of his comments regarding NU and the BIG. Sounds like he's saying Huskers should simply SHUTUP and OBEY. I call BS because without NU (including parents) starting the rebellion against the BIG's moronic and gutless covid decision there wouldn't have been a football season! Sounds like the Huskers are supposed to be Big 10 BOOT LICKERS like so many teams in the conference. Thanks but no thanks!

Nebraska has made plenty of mistakes the past 20 years and it's cost the program big time. Having said that I'm tired of reading and hearing how lousy the team is year after year. Many here don't believe Huskers are about to turn the corner this season but I'm not one of those. We're going to surprise the college football experts and many of our own fans with a good season imo. I firmly believe HCSF will get it done this season.

61f3c62b-32ad-416b-b7a9-5a5e9a07b02f_text.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back