• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nice article from LJS on Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

geauxbigred

Recruit
5 Year Member
Husker fans will all say amen to this.
Aaron Green, the heralded running back from San Antonio, was among friends and family at his church Wednesday night when he made it known where he planned to play college football.
Nebraska's it.
"Just deep down inside I just got that feeling that that was the place I needed to be," Green told the Journal Star.
He picked the Huskers over Florida State, Cal and the home state Texas Longhorns.
It's a major recruiting score for the Huskers. Green is viewed as one of the most electrifying prep running backs in the country.
He's already rushed for 1,149 yards and 13 touchdowns this season. Scout.com gives him five stars and Rivals.com rates him as the fifth best running back in the country.
His highlights have been drawing praise since he was 15.
Green is the younger brother of Husker redshirt freshman defensive back Andrew Green.
But that still didn't guarantee the Huskers were going to win the running back's commitment given the other big-name schools courting him.
Green said he felt comfortable in picking Nebraska a few days after he visited Lincoln to watch the NU-Texas game.
"It was everything about the experience," Green said. "It wasn't nothing in particular. It was everything."
Husker assistants Tim Beck and Ron Brown were the lead recruiters of Green.
"I just felt comfortable because they were just real with me and everything they were telling me was sincere and wasn't fake," Green said.
And while Green waited to make his announcement public on Wednesday, he told Husker head coach Bo Pelini of his decision last week.
"He was just really happy. I just wanted him to keep it between me and him," Green said. "He didn't even tell none of the (assistants). So all the rest of the coaches found out I assume tonight."
Green's commitment is the second this week for the Huskers.
Nebraska received a pledge on Monday from wide receiver Taariq Allen.
With the addition of Green, NU now has 15 recruits in its class and figures to climb up the national recruiting rankings.
"It feels real good, man," Green said. "Weird, man, but I can finally call myself a Husker. I'm proud."
As for those who worry Green could have a change of mind before national signing day?
No worries, the running back says.
"This is it. This is it. Sold out. No turning back."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/recruiting/article_2c73d1a4-e23a-11df-8fc3-001cc4c03286.html

Apparently he told Bo a week ago..glad he's N

Yeah he told me too....;):cool: Just kidding...:Biggrin::nod::lol:

From all I have read a real good kid with his head square on his shoulders...a great fit for this program....I'm telling you the class we are putting together could be part of a future national championship team....as a RB you have to be salivating to run behind the group of O-linemen in this class and if Hobbi finishes it up....wow...:)

Thanks for the post GBR! I hope you are right RR. I hope we close out with Jackson, Hobbi, Lyons and Onwuasor!!!!!!

Gee I thought they couldnt recruit... NOT...This is the kind of class NU needs to pull in a regular basis to go back to being an elite team on a regular basis. Of course we truly wont know just how good it is for several years though... It looks great on paper though.. It would be great to see Braylon Heard would qualify too..Two top 10 type backs in the same class would be truly awsome.

Gee I thought they couldnt recruit... NOT...This is the kind of class NU needs to pull in a regular basis to go back to being an elite team on a regular basis. Of course we truly wont know just how good it is for several years though... It looks great on paper though.. It would be great to see Braylon Heard would qualify too..Two top 10 type backs in the same class would be truly awsome.

Didn't you hear? We can't touch Texas any more. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back