• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL Season 2021/22

CrabHusker

S&C Coordinator-Sponsored by DBol
10 Year Member
Colorado has been close since they came back from the bottom of the barrel a few years back, but right now their goal tending is as bad as can remember.

They let Grubauer to in free agency and signed Darcy Kemper. He's got a nearly 3 goals against average which us above his career average and he doesn't look comfortable at all. Now he's out and the two back-ups look lie they need to be at a lower level.

Keep this up and they'll likely make the playoffs as a lower seed and exit early. McKinnon is getting older and the window is shrinking fast.

Vegas is finally get back in form, tons of injuries through the start of the season and trading Fluery has not worked out so hot but that can change.

Vegas is finally get back in form, tons of injuries through the start of the season and trading Fluery has not worked out so hot but that can change.

Goalies are about as key as they come and both Vegas and the Av's have may have stepped on their dicks. Colorado has got to be re-thinking letting Grubauer go in free agency. Kemper just isn't getting it done.

Av's 15-0-1 in January. Holy smokes.

32-8-3 on the season.

Offense is still off the charts and the goaltending has shown some signs of improvement.

I don't know how well they'll play defense or tend goal down the stretch, but this is a team that just wins right now.

33-8-4 and 9-0-1 in their last ten.

Just beat Tampa Bay Thursday night.

With McKinnon on again and off again from a health standpoint, this has been a surprising team.

A lot of fun to watch.

33-8-4 and 9-0-1 in their last ten.

Just beat Tampa Bay Thursday night.

With McKinnon on again and off again from a health standpoint, this has been a surprising team.

A lot of fun to watch.

I'd love to see them and Carolina in the finals. That would be a very entertaining series

I'd love to see them and Carolina in the finals. That would be a very entertaining series

I'd love to be able to see a playoff game in person again without involving a trip to Charlotte Douglas.

So far Bednar's style and the roster has not translated well to playoff hockey and that in an era that has really eliminated most of the 'Goonery' from prior decades.

IMAO, they're a strong defensemen (Makar is a stud and a great offensive defenseman, but falls short on the other end) and an elite goalie away from being one of the best teams ever. The '96 and '01 Av's teams had it all. This team has offense in spades and likely will set records this year, but what about in the post season?

Watching the Av's - Penguins game tonight, and while it's hard to be critical of a team that's leading the league in wins, points and is in general an offensive nightmare, I still see the same warts I've been seeing the last few years. Defense is average many times and they frequently get beat in transition back to the Colorado goal. Their defensemen go so hard into the offensive zone they get caught behind put Kemper in bad spots.

It's still the regular season, but they seem to do this into the playoffs.

Watching the Av's - Penguins game tonight, and while it's hard to be critical of a team that's leading the league in wins, points and is in general an offensive nightmare, I still see the same warts I've been seeing the last few years. Defense is average many times and they frequently get beat in transition back to the Colorado goal. Their defensemen go so hard into the offensive zone they get caught behind put Kemper in bad spots.

It's still the regular season, but they seem to do this into the playoffs.

This didn't age well.

Colorado put on a clinic after the first period. Defense was on point, Kemper looked solid and they flipped the switch on the transition game.

Play like that in the playoffs and this will be a great off season.

Av's lock up the top seed in the West with a offensive show against Carolina. 7-4 is a pretty good nut thumping, but I still don't like some of the slop that comes when they get up by a few goals. 4-0 and this one was over....until the Av's took a nap. Kemper has been better over the last month and better overall than I thought he'd be, but he's consistently playing with a lead. Playoff hockey is going to be different. The've got to clean up the warts int he transition game and keep frosty when they're up.

It's a damned good team.

Hey @Pops , I know limited size catcher gloves and legs pads (goaltender), but how about 50 years ago .... no limit ??

I remember goalies was no mask at all :eek:

Myself, ho-hum on TV but just the opposite .... exciting on live attendees. I like replacement players on the fly.

Anyway I do not understand why no discussions in Husker ice hockey. Joined Minnesota, Wiskey, Michigan and Michigan St, Ohio State and Penn St.

I enjoyed Slap Shot movie ..... Hanson Brothers :Rolf:

Hey @Pops , I know limited size catcher gloves and legs pads (goaltender), but how about 50 years ago .... no limit ??

I remember goalies was no mask at all :eek:

Myself, ho-hum on TV but just the opposite .... exciting on live attendees. I like replacement players on the fly.

Anyway I do not understand why no discussions in Husker ice hockey. Joined Minnesota, Wiskey, Michigan and Michigan St, Ohio State and Penn St.

I enjoyed Slap Shot movie ..... Hanson Brothers :Rolf:
Yeah back in the day a goaltender was know by how many scars they had on their face, also players went helmetless.

The goons of the 60s 70s 80s have gone. There are still enforcers but nothing like the past.

Herb Books changed a lot of how hockey was looked at. Take a look at his Olympic team. The last team for the US to win a gold. Speed, and goal scorers was the name of his game. Instead of the defense being the biggest on the team, Brooks alway used them as goal scorers, meaning a goal could come from anywhere. And a reason I’d like to see US hockey go to the wider EU rinks. Which is about 13 feet wider
Yes nothing like a live game

Changes on the fly? That’s line changes and there are 3 to 4 lines depending on coaches style Defensive or Offensive.

Hockey is the best game in the world.

Thanks England!

vasko_e_GettyImages-53126800_0.png

729200d54d36d3c9f3b5b477ccc44e4c.jpg

Was the last NHL goalie to play without mask. I believe early '70s

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back